Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Zimmer cannot continue to be head coach
What a damn joke. Guy wouldn’t know a clock if it leaped off the wall and hit hom in the head. Get rid of this bum.
Is this thing on?

In hindsight we should have canned Zim at 1-5, then elevated Marwan Maalouf to Head coach, I’d hate to see him get away...  Confused 

I'm with you Mike, but a lot of posters only measure MediocrityMike against Les Frazier, and he always comes out on top.

The main question I've asked myself about Zimmer is "given the resources at his disposal, has he over the years, met expectations? Or over or underachieved?"

I would say the Wilfs have voted "met expectations"

IMO he hasn't...

[Image: ConsiderateSadIbis-max-1mb.gif]

Just a weird win. Not sure how I feel.

It sucks that he can't figure out how to get out of his own way.  Best 2 receivers in the league?  Lets force the run against 9/10 man in the box.  9 minutes left in the 4th quarter and you are only up by a few points?  Why don't we run 3 run plays to try and burn clock instead of growing the lead. He knew the D would be in flux this season, unleash the offense.  Yes the line is sub-par, but jesus can we not run a fricken slant route?

I get as pissed as others with weirdly timed TO's and other game day decisions.

However, I think he has done a great job this year, I swear every game there are guys playing I haven't ever heard of. How many games has the complete expected starting defense played this year...none.

I am one of the first to bitch when they do dumb shit but I don't think a lot of it is his fault. Not his fault Bailey has a shit day, not his fault Cousins threw that bonehead pik6 and not his fault it took so long for Dalvin get going.

Not just Zimmer. His entire Coaching Staff was completely outschemed and outcoached against much weaker opponents. You let a journeyman QB in Glennon sit back comfortably in the pocket and pick you apart all game. Your OC continued to call running plays for Cook behind our worst offensive lineman in Dozier who was getting blown up all game. Our special teams is an absolute disaster. I still have no idea how we won this game. Last week Cousins saved our asses with his performance. This week, he contributed to the headscratching play calling, poor execution, and terrible decision making. It was a total team embarrassing win, and the crazy part is as I write this we are still in a good spot for a Wild Card as AZ is losing to the Rams. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Just a weird win. Not sure how I feel.
Not just weird, but bad. It felt like Murphy's law, what could go wrong, did.

I'll still take the W though. Still impressive to get to .500 after starting off 1-5.