Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden Transition Thread
Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Nah, thats not my gig Savanah. I'll have a strong POV, but I'm more of a live/let live kinda guy. I actually didnt like the board had to split, it is what it is now. Different world today. 

Heck at one time I actually bbq'd and partied with some of those guys a couple of times before the board split.
cool, & I take you at your word.  You've earned it.  

altho we've often disagreed, you never made it a personal war.  

Here's the thread on the other board that went "north"  B) about the time you posted this.  2020 Election Day - Updates/Info #MAGA | Viking Horn (proboards.com)

Had to ask, since the "timing" was....at least...coincidental.  

I dont post there anymore, and am only posting here whilst US ATTY Durham frog-marches the FBI/CIA/DeepState coup participants....which is taking .....FOREVER!  

Thanks for putting that out there, It is a pretty informative thread.

You still see a little bit here and there, but the buzz about "election fraud" on Twitter, in the media, facebook, etc., has died down to a nearly imperceptible mumble.

It's interesting that there are still so many in dark corners of the web who still believe it. 

Check out the link Savanah posted, its pretty "enlightening", like an ambulance on the side of the road.  Caution; don't make eye contact, you don't want any of these following you.  Yeah they have jumped off twitter, part of the deep state, and gone to the dark stuff.

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
Check out the link Savanah posted, its pretty "enlightening", like an ambulance on the side of the road.  Caution; don't make eye contact, you don't want any of these following you.  Yeah they have jumped off twitter, part of the deep state, and gone to the dark stuff.
OK....then why does someone on here (not PF) feel threatened enough to go poke/troll that site?  << that was my point.  

I believe PF, he's a straight-shooter.  

So anyone here wanna fess up to causing the angst?  

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
OK....then why does someone on here (not PF) feel threatened enough to go poke/troll that site?  << that was my point.  

I believe PF, he's a straight-shooter.  

So anyone here wanna fess up to causing the angst?  
Wasn't me.  I just lurked, I guess I did make eye contact with you though. 

Edit:  You can probably answer your own question, since you are a Biposter on these sites.

Man, watching that other thread reminds me of what my father in-law, who was a scientist once said "be careful what you choose to study, you may end up  knowing  everything about nothing".   His datasets from the 50's are still cited in text book's today.  I just can't see why I have less reason to migrate than my grandparents, I have the means and even though I am not persecuted as a white male, I am just disgusted by my peers.  

Getting back on track to the thread intent...

I like the Yellen post and most of the economic team. Not all. 

Sounds like health is the next area of focus, makes sense given the shitshow today and what could be getting even worse. 

Joe Biden asks Anthony Fauci, the federal coronavirus expert, to become his chief medical adviserPresident-elect Joe Biden told CNN on Thursday that he asked Dr. Anthony Fauci, the expert on the coronavirus pandemic, to become his chief medical adviser and part of his Covid-19 response team.
Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has been a top official dealing with the pandemic. But President Donald Trump sidelined him at points during the year after Fauci’s stark warnings about the importance of wearing masks, social distancing and halting large-scale gatherings.
"I asked him to stay on the exact same role he's had for the past several presidents, and I asked him to be a chief medical adviser for me as well, and be part of the Covid team," Biden said.
Fauci had told CBS News that he would meet Thursday Biden’s transition team to discuss the response to the coronavirus pandemic.
"I'm going to be meeting with them today, by Zoom," Fauci told CBS News.
"So today will be the first day where there will be substantive discussions about the transition between me and the Biden team," Fauci added. "I'm very pleased that today we're having the first discussion about a number of things, vaccinations and things like that."
The meeting comes after more than 273,000 Americans have died from COVID-19 and nearly 14 million have been infected, according to Johns Hopkins University.The meeting with Fauci comes during a surge to more than 2,800 deaths per day, a figure eclipsing the deaths at Pearl Harbor and nearly matching the terror attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.
[Image: 652a4d5e-a1df-4d4d-b6e2-35f2cd6e8703-VPC...&auto=webp]Biden supported Fauci throughout the campaign and transition as an expert who could be trusted for guidelines on how to combat the virus – and whether promising vaccines are ready for widespread distribution, as expected later this month.
Fauci has warned about the prospects of a surge in infections after holiday gatherings and because more people are indoors during colder weather. But he has also offered assurances that vaccines regulated by the federal government will be safe.
Biden has repeatedly cautioned that even if vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna are approved, it could take months and billions of dollars to distribute them nationwide.
“Help is on the way in terms of vaccines," Biden told an online roundtable with workers and small-business owners Wednesday. 
But he continued to warn against travel and large family gatherings for the holidays.
“Christmas is going to be a lot harder," Biden said, after holding Thanksgiving on Zoom. "I don’t want to scare anybody here, but understand the facts. We’re likely to lose another 250,000 dead between now and January.”
Biden told reporters Tuesday that his staffers have spoken with Fauci, but that he hadn't spoken directly with him.
“He’s been very, very helpful," Biden said.
Fauci told CBS he has spoken to Biden’s chief of staff, Ron Klain, a few times, but that the conversations weren’t “substantive,” according to CBS and CNN. Fauci has said he thought the Biden’s team was keeping him at arm’s length to avoid disputes with Trump.
Biden is expected to name his health team next week, after already announcing his foreign-affairs and economics teams.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/12/03/dr-anthony-fauci-covid-19-expert-meet-president-elect-joe-biden-team/3808292001/

Among first acts, Biden to call for 100 days of mask-wearingIt stops just short of the nationwide mandate he's pushed before to stop the spread of the coronavirus.
By ALEXANDRA JAFFE Associated PressDecember 3, 2020 — 5:31pm
WASHINGTON — Joe Biden said Thursday that he will ask Americans to commit to 100 days of wearing masks as one of his first acts as president, stopping just short of the nationwide mandate he's pushed before to stop the spread of the coronavirus.
The move marks a notable shift from President Donald Trump, whose own skepticism of mask-wearing has contributed to a politicization of the issue. That's made many people reticent to embrace a practice that public health experts say is one of the easiest ways to manage the pandemic, which has killed more than 275,000 Americans.
The president-elect has frequently emphasized mask-wearing as a “patriotic duty" and during the campaign floated the idea of instituting a nationwide mask mandate, which he later acknowledged would be beyond the ability of the president to enforce.
Speaking with CNN's Jake Tapper, Biden said he would make the request of Americans on Inauguration Day, Jan. 20.
“On the first day I'm inaugurated, I'm going to ask the public for 100 days to mask. Just 100 days to mask — not forever, just 100 days. And I think we'll see a significant reduction” in the virus, Biden said.
Biden also said he asked Dr. Anthony Fauci to stay on in his administration, “in the exact same role he's had for the past several presidents,” as the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, the nation's top infectious-disease expert.
The president-elect said he's asked Fauci to be a “chief medical adviser” as well as part of his COVID-19 advisory team.
Regarding a coronavirus vaccine, Biden said he'd be “happy” to get inoculated in public to assuage any concerns about its efficacy and safety. Three former presidents — Barack Obama, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton — have said they'd also get vaccinated publicly to show that it's safe.
“People have lost faith in the ability of the vaccine to work,” Biden said, adding that “it matters what a president and the vice president do.”

I am all on with getting science back in the lead on this, but unfortunately, I think it's going to continue to fuel the fires of division.  Denying science has been a galvanizing rally cry for about half this country.  Look at the threads on this board about, masks, hydroxychloriquin, vaccines, climate change, etc.  Experts are just driving nefarious agendas to victimize freedom loving exceptional Americans, "it's a known fact, ask anybody".

The choice I am really looking forward to is the Secretary of Education.   I hope he brings in someone that isn't too Ivy League and esoteric, maybe someone with community college background, they have the perspective of being at the crossroads of the K-12 and contributing member of society.