Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Zimmer is my coach!
We've seen Wilson make more splash plays in half a season than i recall Barr making the last 2.  What we, or at least I, don't know is what has Wilson not done that Barr has?
 ( you know,  besides eating a monster piece of cap space with little to show for it)

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
We've seen Wilson make more splash plays in half a season than i recall Barr making the last 2.  What we, or at least I, don't know is what has Wilson not done that Barr has?
 ( you know,  besides eating a monster piece of cap space with little to show for it)

Only beaten by extending Cousins, "stealing" Barr back from the Jets was the second biggest mistake in the Zimmer era.

Its not that Barr is bad, its that he isn't playing to his salary.  Look at the Bears LBs last night. Those guys have or will have Barr type contracts. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I don't know what got into Cousins, but the dude was jacked up all game. 
I'm sure it's because I commented on Twitter that he couldn't carry the team if they shut down Dalvin. So of course he has his best game in awhile.

Quote: @savannahskol said:
No name DL.  No name (to say the least) Corners. 

And he beat the Bears @ Soldier on MNF.  
Can make a case this is his best coaching job yet. I think we are seeing a nice synergy with Kubes and Capers.  You can see Capers influence with the inside games up front. This trail coverage and pre snap zone drops by Corners are cool AF

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

Splash plays don't mean he is better.  Wilson has always been inconsistent, willing to abandon his gap, and just not that good.  Peters makes splash plays too, but he is willing to get burned to put himself in position to be the hero.

https://zonecoverage.com/2020/minnesota-...placement/

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Splash plays don't mean he is better.  Wilson has always been inconsistent, willing to abandon his gap, and just not that good.  Peters makes splash plays too, but he is willing to get burned to put himself in position to be the hero.

Splash play don't, but statistics and production do and Wilson has outperformed Barr in every stat, average tackles, sacks, pressure per game.  Not sure I would use an article from a fan site to back up your point.  The only thing that I would take from the article that has any relevance is the quote from Kendricks - “I don’t know that anyone’s playing at a higher level than Eric Wilson right now,” Kendricks said.

Quote: @JR44 said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Splash play don't, but statistics and production do and Wilson has outperformed Barr in every stat, average tackles, sacks, pressure per game.  Not sure I would use an article from a fan site to back up your point.  The only thing that I would take from the article that has any relevance is the quote from Kendricks - “I don’t know that anyone’s playing at a higher level than Eric Wilson right now,” Kendricks said.
pretty good videos, you can use what your eyes tell you.  Kinda funny, discounting a fan site but taking the word of an enthusiastic hyperbolic teammate.

Two of the biggest tells for me, one the subject of this thread, Zimmer, wanted him back. And two, Barr's willingness to play the defense called rather than be concerned about stats. 

Anyone think Wilson could have closed that gap on Rodgers when Barr broke him? Barr is a freak and makes things look easy for a guy his size.

Two of the biggest tells for me, one the subject of this thread, Zimmer, wanted him back. And two, Barr's willingness to play the defense called rather than be concerned about stats. 

Anyone think Wilson could have closed that gap on Rodgers when Barr broke him? Barr is a freak and makes things look easy for a guy his size.
I dont know,  Wilson seems to play faster than Barr now that Wilson is getting enough reps to be comfortable in the role. 

If Barr is better,  and I wouldn't concede that point with how Wilson has played this year,  Wilson would still be my pick based on dollars and the much higher return on investment .   Not to mention Wilson is playing behind an inferior DL,  Barr has been protected most of his career by some of the best DL in the game,  and some pretty good defenders behind him.  Wilson is playing with a mash unit. 

@JR44 said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:

pretty good videos, you can use what your eyes tell you.  Kinda funny, discounting a fan site but taking the word of an enthusiastic hyperbolic teammate.
I'll take the words of one of the best defensive players in the league over a few cherry picked videos.  We can find videos of AD during his 2000 yard year where he missed the hole.