Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Zimmer is my coach!
No name DL.  No name (to say the least) Corners. 

And he beat the Bears @ Soldier on MNF.  

the Vikings  won
 @ green bay

and @ chicago

in consecutive weeks and both were over. 500....

.... Wait....What?

2020 is one trippy ass year.

I’ve never understood the thought process on this board of wanting to can Zimmer and keep Spielman.  I personally think you have to throw 2020 out the window, but if you are only going to keep one of them, Zimmer is the guy IMO.  He has a much better track record over the years; get him a young talented QB and the sky’s the limit.

It's encouraging to see how much progress the defense has made over the past few weeks. They don't have the same fire power as usual, but you can tell the coaching staff did a lot of work to get the young players up to speed and they've been doing a much better job of scheming to protect the cornerbacks. Getting better performance out of the corners with Gladney and practice squad guys is a really impressive feat. It's also nice to see some young DL like Wonnum and Mata'afa playing better.

3-0 against the NFCN in consecutive weeks? Have to give it up for Z and the team. The defensive gameplan fooled the Bears and created a pass rush where there shouldn't have been one. Patchwork cornerbacks. 2 for 11 on 3rd down?? Crazy good. Z will still fade some heat and rightfully so, but lets also dish out a little positivity where its warranted.

You won't get any arguments from me on that topic. 1-5 after a blowout loss to a pathetic Falcons team, hot seat talk, and here they are scrapping away.

Zimmer's a top 10 coach in this league IMO.

Personally I like Zimmer, but not really sure about his temperament to be a great head coach.  The tantrum he did last night on the special teams coach was embarrassing.  I can understand being upset, but you do not show up one of your coaches during a national game like that.  You go have a talk with him, but I have never seen a coach do that to another coach.  Was just really a classless move.  

I like Zimmer too...

If there's ever been a snake-bit Vikings coach? He's it - and it aint close.

But sorry, I want something else on-going. I know, careful what you wish for and the grass is always greener, but he's to old school for me.

He aint part of where the NFL is going and it shows most often in offensive philosophy.

If the Bears had any semblance of an offense? I question whether the Viking win for the first time in 3 seasons vs that team.  

Go ahead - hit the dislike icons...

I'll hold off on my enthusiasm until Zimmer gets through a season without a few games where the team walks out on the field completely unprepared and unmotivated. You all know they happen, and they have happened this season as well. And until I see them defeating playoff-caliber teams consistently.

Yes, they have surprisingly turned it around and it's more fun to watch these games. But: why is he able to get as much, or more, out of rookies and low-round picks as when he had 8 $10M/yr vets in his defensive unit? Maybe Zimmer truly is a great molder of talent and Spielman has been wasting draft picks and salaries on that side of the ball, if Zimmer can do as well with leaner cuts of meat.

We better also consider whether the "hot seat" is the reason for this turnaround. Fine...will it last now that the heat is off? The next couple of games could be traps, let's see how Zimmer's team does as strong favorites.

I have to admit he's done a helluva job with this young defense. I have been kind of up and down on Zimmer's game day coaching skills but right now I can't complain about the results they're getting out of this team.