Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK--so NOW who do you cut?
Quote: @"greediron" said:
Agreed Jimmy.  He also missed a PAT and bounced another through IIRC.  So he wasn't rock solid and always scares me on kickoffs.
he actually missed 3 extra points last year.  11-14

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
Lol, I wouldn't be cutting solid o-line right now.  They might not be all-pro, but after last year, lets take a breath and keep healthy O-line.

Agree on adams vs Coley.  Coley has shown promise. 
Agree. I can't believe after last year that anyone would want to cut OL. I would agree with anyone who says that our best OL seems to be when Easton and Elflein are in together, so I have no problem putting Boone on the bench, but at the very least he's valuable, experienced depth. Boone will almost certainly be gone after this season, so for now, if this team can render Berger and him "depth," then the line has a nice chance to start developing continuity for the players who will be the starting 5 for the next few years. I would also be on the lookout for a Hill-like, developmental tackle that some team is trying to sneak onto its practice squad. 
I don't think Zim has the Balls to put Boone on the bench.

Quote: @"Bolstad79" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
Lol, I wouldn't be cutting solid o-line right now.  They might not be all-pro, but after last year, lets take a breath and keep healthy O-line.

Agree. I can't believe after last year that anyone would want to cut OL. I would agree with anyone who says that our best OL seems to be when Easton and Elflein are in together, so I have no problem putting Boone on the bench, but at the very least he's valuable, experienced depth. Boone will almost certainly be gone after this season, so for now, if this team can render Berger and him "depth," then the line has a nice chance to start developing continuity for the players who will be the starting 5 for the next few years. I would also be on the lookout for a Hill-like, developmental tackle that some team is trying to sneak onto its practice squad. 
On the bench or on the trade block...I really don't care,  but we need to work on improving  the line of the future and Boone doesn't look to be part of that future.

Our left side of the line was very good on Sunday with Reiff/Hill/Boone.  The right side with Remmers and Morgan (TE) needed better communication but that is where our OL problems were.

Boone also had a couple nice run blocks.

I have seen better pass pockets for Sam these last two weeks then I have seen all of last year and even the year before for Teddy.  

I see improvement but I also know it is going to take weeks and weeks for the OL to come together and gel.  I think by midseason we have the makings of a decent/average OL with depth, as well.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
Our left side of the line was very good on Sunday with Reiff/Hill/Boone.  The right side with Remmers and Morgan (TE) needed better communication but that is where our OL problems were.

Boone also had a couple nice run blocks.

I have seen better pass pockets for Sam these last two weeks then I have seen all of last year and even the year before for Teddy.  

I see improvement but I also know it is going to take weeks and weeks for the OL to come together and gel.  I think by midseason we have the makings of a decent/average OL with depth, as well.  

Could be.  As long as they are healthy, they should improve.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:

On the bench or on the trade block...I really don't care,  but we need to work on improving  the line of the future and Boone doesn't look to be part of that future.
I wish they would have looked at him at RT and Reemers at RG this preseason. 

Anyone on the field last night... 

Alexander, I did a complete 180 on this kid.  

Quote: @"Bezerker88" said:
Anyone on the field last night... 
that Wilson kid looked promising,  I know I heard his name earlier in camp as a guy to watch for as a PS guy or even a 53 guy if he showed well on ST.