Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Six games and it's not even Halloween yet...
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"mblack" said:
So you think this team will beat Detroit? OK. In my mind that game it a 50-50 at best without the fans.
My thoughts on the next three games on another thread....

@"mblack" said:
@"Carl Knowles" said:
@Jor-el: When do you fire those 2?.
If they lose against the Bears in Chicago.
My reasoning...
1. At GB. I think they lose. Big picture: LeFleur would have swept Zim in two years.
2. Detroit. We should win but very well could lose too
3. At Chicago. I think we lose. Bigger picture: Nagy would retain his dominance over Zim. 

We can't have a coach that can't beat two teams in the division. That means we have very little chance of winning the division going forward thus playoff chances will be hard to come by. That will warrant a clean house in my book.

I think this Vikings team could beat the Packers on sunday... but then I think they could lose to the Jets in the same breath,  this seasons failures are more than losing a few defensive backs to FA and a NT to covid,  there is something wrong with this team but I cant say for sure what it is.   as far as the lions,  i said they split with them so 50/50 sounds about right.
Ngakoue and his 5 sacks in 6 games are gone....where's the pass rush coming from? Next is Odenigbo with 2.5. Rodgers is going to have all day. Not sure where a win against the NFCN is going to come from for Minnesota. 
And that really grinds my gears...

Its soooooo hard to find good pass-rushers.

its pretty obvious he didnt want to be here so its hard to be pissed about that trade,  a third this year is better than a compensatory third in 2022 after he leaves in the offseason and signs with the ravens any way.  if you want to be pissed,  be pissed that they traded for him in the first place and squandered a high second round draft pick for a rental player on a season that was doomed since march.

If the powers that be knew this was going to be a step back year, no way they extend Kirk and trade for YN. All damage control now.

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
If the powers that be knew this was going to be a step back year, no way they extend Kirk and trade for YN. All damage control now.
if they didnt know then they werent paying attention,  especially by the time they traded for YN.

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
I didn't see the need for the extension but that wasn't the choice the front office made. If they aren't comfortable drafting a qb, consult with someone who is. If they don't draft a qb, they should be fired. My question is who is going to develop the qb. 

Everything points to a coaching and front office overhaul but many don't want to talk about that. We sure can talk around it Smile
It is also hard for a new regime to inherit a young QB who just got drafted and needs to be developed  (I hope in this scenario is also playing well). We can't expect to be as lucky as the Cardinals for a redo.

Quote: @"mblack" said:
Everything points to a coaching and front office overhaul but many don't want to talk about that. We sure can talk around it Smile
It is also hard for a new regime to inherit a young QB who just got drafted and needs to be developed  (I hope in this scenario is also playing well). We can't expect to be as lucky as the Cardinals for a redo.
I agree with Sticky,  I dont know that Spielman is out,  do we even know if Zimmer was his choice or if he was hand picked by the Wilfs via the big Tuna?  I agree though that despite my liking the Zimmer old school approach,  I think we need to move on.  Zimmer is a defensive genius but if his schemes require the type of talent that he has been given then we need to look elsewhere and focus more on offense and I dont think Zim is the kind of guy that make that commitment.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Feels like we've already played 10 or 11 games to me...

I hate seasons like this, when you're out of it so dang early. 

As a fan, you never want to root for em to lose, but this is the year to do just that.

REALLY hate seasons like this. 
The Vikings are up against the Salary Cap and it isn't going up until 2023.

I think  his rebuild is gonna take  longer than has been advertised. 

Save this post, my guess is it'll fit in  2021 and 2022

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"kmillard" said:
I didn't see the need for the extension but that wasn't the choice the front office made. If they aren't comfortable drafting a qb, consult with someone who is. If they don't draft a qb, they should be fired. My question is who is going to develop the qb. 
Agreed on all fronts!)

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

As a fan, you never want to root for em to lose, but this is the year to do just that.

I agree for next year for sure which is why we need to sell sell sell,  however if things fall right this draft and they are willing to move on from Cousins this year,  then we could be ready for a playoff push by 22 and possibly competing for real in 23.  I just dont think Spielman is willing to stomach 2 years of struggle though.  He will try and make some splash moves that will add a couple wins and screw our draft positions enough to push us down to the next tier of talent and we will be be right back where we were last year,  to much talk and not enough walk.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Mattyman" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

I agree for next year for sure which is why we need to sell sell sell,  however if things fall right this draft and they are willing to move on from Cousins this year,  then we could be ready for a playoff push by 22 and possibly competing for real in 23.  I just dont think Spielman is willing to stomach 2 years of struggle though.  He will try and make some splash moves that will add a couple wins and screw our draft positions enough to push us down to the next tier of talent and we will be be right back where we were last year,  to much talk and not enough walk.
This. Its the one way to get out of this, but it will take another shit season next year. And like you say, neither Z or Spielman will have the fortitude to do this. Unfortunately, it could set the table for a good 5 years of shit Viking's football if they can't be strong and do what needs to be done. The team is at a crossroads.