Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Six games and it's not even Halloween yet...
Feels like we've already played 10 or 11 games to me...

I hate seasons like this, when you're out of it so dang early. 

As a fan, you never want to root for em to lose, but this is the year to do just that.

REALLY hate seasons like this. 

Kinda mindful of Les Frazier last year, future success seems a long way off and no chance for sb...

I have been watching a lot of other games. I have been checking out the OL and defenses. It's officially a rebuild, no expectations whatsoever. The draft will tell us more about next year. I am going to enjoy Jefferson though. We'll have to wait and see if any more trades are made. 

Defenses have taken a step back across the league in this COVID season. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

As a fan, you never want to root for em to lose, but this is the year to do just that.

Oh c'mon now PF, it's tough to complain...at least within earshot of Cleveland or Detroit or a dozen other cities. I think the Vikings rank, what, in the top five among winning seasons or playoff appearances in the modern era? Something like that.

In nearly 60 years, the Vikings have had THREE seasons with more than 10 losses...THREE. 30 playoff seasons and 51 playoff games. 

We still have a goal...whether it's winning the Super Bowl or getting the highest pick in the draft, it should still be pretty fun to watch the games, especially if we get to see more players like Udoh, Cleveland, Boone, etc. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Defenses have taken a step back across the league in this COVID season. 
That and the not calling holding.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Oh c'mon now PF, it's tough to complain...at least within earshot of Cleveland or Detroit or a dozen other cities. I think the Vikings rank, what, in the top five among winning seasons or playoff appearances in the modern era? Something like that.

In nearly 60 years, the Vikings have had THREE seasons with more than 10 losses...THREE. 30 playoff seasons and 51 playoff games. 

We still have a goal...whether it's winning the Super Bowl or getting the highest pick in the draft, it should still be pretty fun to watch the games, especially if we get to see more players like Udoh, Cleveland, Boone, etc. 
Hey, I get to gripe. After all I'm closest to Wi.

You want stats? 2 playoff wins since 09.

Sorry, channeling my inner NJ guy. And hey, I get to gripe now and then. 

To make matters worse, this is still a team with a QB playing for his career, a player who has, and will again, get hot on occasion, the NFL's best running back and two very very good receivers. Unless we sit those guys or purposely throw games, and we won't do either, these Vikings could screw us all out of our hotshot young QB dreams by winning a handful of games in the remaining 10. It would not surprise me in the least. 

To the credit of the front office, we haven't wrung our hands and approached this with indecision or lack of decisive action, like so many perpetually bad teams have done. It's clear to me that we have made a hard, specific decision that this is a lost season and we're doing what is necessary to get younger, cut salary and get the QB who will lead this team into its next chapter. 

What I don't know is....will the Viking players cooperate? 

No doubt the Vikings will mightily attempt to obtain mediocrity this season. Maybe just enough mediocrity to screw themselves out of a future QB...

There are prideful players on the roster and as you point out, some good ones too. 

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Hey, I get to gripe. After all I'm closest to Wi.

You want stats? 2 playoff wins since 09.

Sorry, channeling my inner NJ guy. And hey, I get to gripe now and then. 
Yes, you do. But for a little perspective, how many teams in the NFL have had more than two playoff wins since 2009? Less than a third.