Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RELIEF BILL

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@MaroonBells said:
Here's what bugs me. 

Many of us will get a couple thousand bucks. I don't need it. I'm still employed. My paychecks are still coming every two weeks.  I'm paying my mortgage, I'm paying my bills, I'm buying groceries. You give me a check for $2K I'll just put it in savings or pay off debt. It won't do anything for me, or the economy. Nothing. 

There is an element to this that boosts unemployment payments $600 a month. Now THAT is who needs it. And if I lose my job, that's when I will need it too. Not until then. But $600 a month is not going to do anything. The unemployed should receive the BULK of this stimulus, not a fraction. 
Well you could donate it to a worthy cause, my wife and I have already discussed it, and have decided.  Planned Parenthood, with special recognition to Mike Pence, want them to send him a Thank You note for his help. 
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@MaroonBells said:
Here's what bugs me. 

Many of us will get a couple thousand bucks. I don't need it. I'm still employed. My paychecks are still coming every two weeks.  I'm paying my mortgage, I'm paying my bills, I'm buying groceries. You give me a check for $2K I'll just put it in savings or pay off debt. It won't do anything for me, or the economy. Nothing. 

There is an element to this that boosts unemployment payments $600 a month. Now THAT is who needs it. And if I lose my job, that's when I will need it too. Not until then. But $600 a month is not going to do anything. The unemployed should receive the BULK of this stimulus, not a fraction. 
Well you could donate it to a worthy cause, my wife and I have already discussed it, and have decided.  Planned Parenthood, with special recognition to Mike Pence, want them to send him a Thank You note for his help. 
Or a local food bank to help do what it was intended to do in the first place...
Yall could send it to cookeville Tn to help with tornado damage. Imagine losing everything you have then being told a week later to stay in whatever you were able to track down for living arangments indefinatly.  I’m sure sticking it to Mike Pence might be fun but I can give you names and stories of people who are way worse off then an organization that already lives off of .gov payments. 

How about a lady that couldnt afford her property insurance and dropped it 2 weeks prior to our tornado?

Maybe one of the 200+ who lost everything?  

I’m serious. If you need a tragic story, Ive got dozens. 

will all be paid back five fold next year in taxes

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
will all be paid back five fold next year in taxes
Let's hope so. 

Is this why they're called Dittoheads? 

https://twitter.com/AnthonyAdragna/statu...05926?s=20

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

Lol!

Like a template off my CRM @ work...

To be fair, team blue is just as guilty  Wink

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

Lol!

Oh now...let's not start pointing fingers at the good guys. Thats what I hate about us. We're always so goddamn equitable. ;-)

@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

Lol!

Oh now...let's not start pointing fingers at the good guys. Thats what I hate about us. We're always so goddamn equitable. ;-)
It's funny that still think that there are good guys.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

Lol!

There are good people. Everywhere. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

Lol!

There are good people. Everywhere. 
Not in that frame of reference,  at least no more so than than in the opposition.  Both teams suck these days.

I think historically the vast majority of people are good but not paying attention, and a small handful of people that value power and money over everything else tended to rise into the top positions in a lot of organizations.   I think things are changing pretty rapidly.  There's much more visibility to abuses of power now with the internet.  I think people are generally more aware now.  I think we're in an early transition period where corruption is getting starting to get weeded out of the system.

I definitely think that the both the Democrats and Republicans have enough corruption that no one should feel like they're on the clean team against a dirty team.  Literally everything that is accused against Trump can be mirrored by a prominent Democrat.  Corruption is just that rampant and focusing on a specific person is tribalism not morality.