Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Whitehouse Alt-Righter down...
Adding emojis is super complicated and I just haven't had enough time to delve into it. 

THere's like some code you have to change and add a manifest or some such shit. I will work on it at some point it's just not high on the list.... bit it's on the list. 

Very fair analysis from the New Yorker today, regarding Bannon. 
I was predisposed & prepared to disagree based on the source, but surprisingly,  I think the author nails it. 
Let's face it, NO ONE at the New Yorker is crying tears Bannon left/got fired, so the accurate analysis is noteworthy.    

http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizza...f-trumpism
Short piece, worth the read. 

Highlights: 
  • Bannon disillusioned with GOP efforts to repeal Obamacare (so were many of us)
  • Bannon not believing 'the gang of 6' was/is truly negotiating meaningful tax reform
  • Bannon upset that Trump didn't pull out of NAFTA, but renegotiated it
Also, not mentioned in the article, but newsworthy of late, was Trump flip-flopping on the war in Afghanistan. 
  • Bannon was a believer in total withdrawal (during the campaign), Trump has gone full McCain. 
With all that ^^ above, happening recently, I believe Bannon was truly on the way out, 2 wks ago;  as it was obvious 
that Bannon's ideas/plans  were not winning the day. 

I also think, as the New Yorker piece points out,  that these issues were key to Trump's win in the last election, in  winning Pa, Wi, & Mi.  States that Trump won/flipped from the Dems.  And I think Trump is taking a huge risk (to his base) in allowing Bannon to 'walk'.  

Anyways... interesting topic.  
I understand Bannon was a 'lightning rod' to the left.  
Equally as interesting... was 'why', other than poor complexion. Smile  

The New Yorker author didn't include any references to any bogus claims of Bannon's  'racism'.  Refreshing. 
If all articles could be written  similarly, the MSM could reclaim some  semblance of  validity to those of us sorry to see Bannon's influence gone.  

I won't miss Bannon, and I really hope that Sessions is next.  In fact, I hope that our egomaniac-in-chief is so relentless in his pursuit of adoration that he kicks any and all elements of the alt-right to the curb...which could easily happen, if someone whispers in his ear that it would garner him more of that attention he craves so desperately.

That all said, I've never seen a situation where the "main" parties and the media were all being so very shameless in trying to cut each others' throats.  None of the major players are behaving worth a damn.

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
I won't miss Bannon, and I really hope that Sessions is next.  In fact, I hope that our egomaniac-in-chief is so relentless in his pursuit of adoration that he kicks any and all elements of the alt-right to the curb...which could easily happen, if someone whispers in his ear that it would garner him more of that attention he craves so desperately.

That all said, I've never seen a situation where the "main" parties and the media were all being so very shameless in trying to cut each others' throats.  None of the major players are behaving worth a damn.
I look at it like this.

Obama, Bush Jr, Clinton, Bush Sr., etc. were all part of a
time period where the candidates were 100% preselected (well both main party
candidates were vetted) as puppets for the deep state or shadow government.  Conflict was mostly for show.  Bring up gay marriage or abortion or gun control
to get everyone riled up and not focus on them screwing the public over behind
the scenes.

Trump, was preselected to be the worst candidate in history,
so that Hillary would have an easy campaign for presidency, but somehow he got
elected.  I think he’s still a puppet,
but I think there’s both white hats and black hats that are pulling the strings.  The way he’s attacked in our mainstream
propaganda media is different than what happened in the past.  In the past the media didn’t have to be vicious
because they controlled the president, and I don’t think they’d be vicious now
if they fully controlled Trump.

Add Gorka to the list...Spicer, Bannon, Preibus. 

Jeff Sessions? Where are you? 

Sessions needs to be next, and I hope his fall is both demeaning and agonizing.