Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kearse not returning to Vikings, tweets displeasure
I don't agree with what he did in regards to the post, however I do agree that he should have had more playing time.  Our secondary was a weakness all year and he always seemed to make plays when he was in the game, so he seemed to be someone who deserved to get more playing time. 

One of Rick's many 7th round flyers.  How fondly we'll look back on them all some day.

Quote: @comet52 said:
One of Rick's many 7th round flyers.  How fondly we'll look back on them all some day.
Didn't Rick get a great return on that 7th round investment?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
I mean and really, this guy was barely drafted AND he gets to get a 2nd contract from someone.  For a 7th rounder he way over achieved.  Not many 7th rounders or UDFAs get to that next contract.

I'm not saying the Vikings owe him anything or vice versa but its still kind of dumb to spout off about the organization who gave you a chance an allowed you to go on to your next gig.  Keep that shit to yourself now and put it in your memoirs when you're in the HOF. 
like i said, is it any wonder he didn't fit the team?  Seems to be more interested in himself and showing the coaches wrong than doing what is right.

Its pretty obvious he was unhappy that he wasn't playing more the last 4-5 games. He'd tweet a cryptic phrase every once in awhile. He'll get his chance with another team and then we'll see who was right about his future.

Wah...let him take his act to some other city.

I read a bunch of his tweets and I was like what do you have to complain about. I mean seriously. He put himself in a bad position and now he has to deal with the fallout. Look in the mirror and own it. 

The team could do worse and  they likely will.  When they take flyers on later round talent they have to be doing so knowing that they are getting players with chips on their shoulders and expectations,   and that they will likely have some stumbles along the way.  

I think it's a mistake to have not used him more instead of Dejo,  kearse was better in coverage as well as sliding up and making plays at the LOS,  he screwed up but he still should have gotten more playing time down the stretch,  not less.

With the risk of losing Ant, having another S that has experience in the zimway would have been good insurance for next year and Kearse shined on special teams quite often.

I dont think he would have been terribly expensive to keep if he had just been shown some opportunities.  We always hear about how the players love Zim,  well maybe there is two sides to that coin,  and maybe it's not all on the player?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
The team could do worse and  they likely will.  When they take flyers on later round talent they have to be doing so knowing that they are getting players with chips on their shoulders and expectations,   and that they will likely have some stumbles along the way.  

I think it's a mistake to have not used him more instead of Dejo,  kearse was better in coverage as well as sliding up and making plays at the LOS,  he screwed up but he still should have gotten more playing time down the stretch,  not less.

With the risk of losing Ant, having another S that has experience in the zimway would have been good insurance for next year and Kearse shined on special teams quite often.

I dont think he would have been terribly expensive to keep if he had just been shown some opportunities.  We always hear about how the players love Zim,  well maybe there is two sides to that coin,  and maybe it's not all on the player?
Sure that not all of them love him.  Ellison didn't.  But where has that gotten him?  Seems familiar except we haven't heard from Kearse's parents yet.
I think Dejo played damn well, so I doubt Kearse would have been better.  Helped shut down Thomas, had 2 INTs in limited playing time.  Kearse seemed butt hurt about the Vikings signing AS following his DUI.  But as VG said above, own your mistake and be better.  Sounds like he got upset and probably wasn't playing well with the team.  I wouldn't trust him out there in critical spots either. 

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Sure that not all of them love him.  Ellison didn't.  But where has that gotten him?  Seems familiar except we haven't heard from Kearse's parents yet.
I think Dejo played damn well, so I doubt Kearse would have been better.  Helped shut down Thomas, had 2 INTs in limited playing time.  Kearse seemed butt hurt about the Vikings signing AS following his DUI.  But as VG said above, own your mistake and be better.  Sounds like he got upset and probably wasn't playing well with the team.  I wouldn't trust him out there in critical spots either. 

Dejo did ok as part of a double team,  not exactly a ringing endorsement of a guys cover skills.

Everything I've seen from Kearse on his arrest has been him owning it so I dont know where she's coming from with that noise.  Unless he was taken off the field because of that incident which I dont necessarily buy.  Kearse has typically show well when given am opportunity but has always been on the hind tilt for playing time and hes not the first to get the dog house treatment that likely was the better player than those that got the snaps.