Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks Like It's Stefanski
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
He's walking into a shit show...wonder if he tries to take Paton with him

Spielman is an Ohio native, I’m just sayin’...  B) 

Lol!!  Not sure how anyone could think he is a HC, he is not even a proven OC.  That is why the Browns will always be the Browns.  Thank you Cleveland!  Hope we go outside of the organization and get a real OC.  This offense has been predictable and unimaginative all year, so I don’t see Kubiak’s influence helping.

I'm sure there are doubts in the front office about losing Stefanski, as some young assistants have left and done well (Tomlin, Dungy) - but I don't think this will be one of them. I'm hardly a huge Zimmer booster but if the Wilfs had fired him to give the job to Kevin I think it would have led to Les (as in Steckel or Frazier) success.

I hope Shurmur returns but expect the Kubiaks expect to keep it.

Wonder if Stefanski might have been a tad distracted yesterday.

Would Brad Childress as our new OC make it feel like more of a streamlined transition?  :#

Quote: @Kentis said:
Could Chili be next...?  Wink B)  Dust off the Kick-Ass-Offense baby!
Ouch.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Here we go again.  4th OC in 4 years.  Hope it is Kubiak's kid, at least the system will carry on.

Ugh. I could've sworn everyone here told me that this time it would be different! Oh well.
I do think this is a big loss. I hear what @FSUVike is saying but Stef + the continuity of keeping Stef > somebody else, in my opinion.
He's a good coach, despite a few brutal game plans this year, including yesterday's.

That said, my first thought was "I wonder if Shurmur would come back"? The continuity of the Kubiaks is also compelling. So we aren't totally SOL since either option has experience working with Zim. I'll be very interested to see what they do.
Getting a new OC and then listening to Zim say we need to pound the rock more, every single year, is getting old.

Would Shurmur’s offensive philosophy mesh well with the Kubiak system?

[Image: NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png]PAT SHURMURC, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT[Image: 9479.jpg]
ESPN's Courtney Cronin mentioned ex-Giants coach Pat Shurmur as a "name to keep an eye on" for the Vikings' opening at offensive coordinator.Cronin may be just speculating though obviously Shurmur has history with the Vikings, serving as their offensive coordinator prior to joining the Giants in 2018. That position is open again now that Kevin Stefanski has accepted the Browns' head-coaching job. If the Vikings decide to stay in-house, Cronin believes QBs coach Klint Kubiak (son of assistant head coach Gary Kubiak) would be a leading candidate to replace Stefanski as offensive coordinator.
RELATED: 

[Image: NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png]PAT SHURMURC, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT[Image: 9479.jpg]
ESPN's Courtney Cronin mentioned ex-Giants coach Pat Shurmur as a "name to keep an eye on" for the Vikings' opening at offensive coordinator.Cronin may be just speculating though obviously Shurmur has history with the Vikings, serving as their offensive coordinator prior to joining the Giants in 2018. That position is open again now that Kevin Stefanski has accepted the Browns' head-coaching job. If the Vikings decide to stay in-house, Cronin believes QBs coach Klint Kubiak (son of assistant head coach Gary Kubiak) would be a leading candidate to replace Stefanski as offensive coordinator.
RELATED: 
This just makes all the sense in the world, unless there are things going on behind closed doors we aren't privy too

So that means it probably won't happen  :p