Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns interviews
Quote: @Kentis said:
The Browns can’t hire him Saturday if we win, right!? 
they can hire him today,  he just isnt available until our season is over,  but what a bunch of shit this is to his current team to even be able to be interviewed.  personally I think teams should all have to wait until the superbowl to interview any coach that was under contract for that year.

I'm not in his shoes, so I may be crazy for suggesting it... but I sure do wish that Stef had told them that his focus was on SF this week... and that he would be happy to interview after we finished winning the Super Bowl.  
Shurmur interviewed the week before the NFC championship game (if I'm remembering it correctly)... and we all saw how that turned out.  In fact, if memory serves, most of the time: those coaches who interview during the playoffs... their teams end up losing the next week.  I'd be curious to know if that's actually true.
At least we have this going for us: if Stef doesn't have his eye on the ball, we still have Kubiak (and son) to carry his weight for him.

9ers DC is also interviewing so it's not like this is just a Vikings thing. 

[Image: NewEngland%20Patriots.png]
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport does not believe Patriots OC Josh McDaniels is the favorite for the Browns head coach vacancy.

i hope we can keep Stefanski around as a successor.

I'll admit I'm confused as to why Kevin would be such a catch as a head coach for the Browns.  I know how enamored the NFL is with "young, imaginative, innovative...young...creative, yada, yada yada" coaches these days.  But to take a decades old floundering program like the Browns and bring it back to respectability...to me anyway...requires someone who actually has been a head coach at some level, college or pros.  

IMHO, Garrett or Schwartz or any established coach can always get one of these up-and-coming young offensive geniuses.  Setting the proper locker room culture for a historically dysfunctional franchise is first and foremost.  KS should think long and hard before saying yes.

[Image: logo_factoryofsadness-co.png&w=1000&h=1000]

Quote: @Ralphie said:
I'll admit I'm confused as to why Kevin would be such a catch as a head coach for the Browns.  I know how enamored the NFL is with "young, imaginative, innovative...young...creative, yada, yada yada" coaches these days.  But to take a decades old floundering program like the Browns and bring it back to respectability...to me anyway...requires someone who actually has been a head coach at some level, college or pros.  

IMHO, Garrett or Schwartz or any established coach can always get one of these up-and-coming young offensive geniuses.  Setting the proper locker room culture for a historically dysfunctional franchise is first and foremost.  KS should think long and hard before saying yes.
That is the main reason I assumed they would hire Mike McCarthy.  He has the resume and gets credit for developing Aaron Rodgers...  seemed like an ideal fit for the Browns.  They have an opportunity to bring in an experienced coach who has won a Super Bowl and could work with Baker and that offense.

Go figure the Browns aren't interested...  

You do know that this is still the Browns right? They are not necessarily going to do what makes sense or what will be best for the team. 

Does anyone have any insight into Stefanski's ability to deal with that locker room? Diggs is our diva, but he pales in comparison to OBJ, Baker, and the rest of their head cases. 

Don't do it, Stef.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Ralphie said:

That is the main reason I assumed they would hire Mike McCarthy.  He has the resume and gets credit for developing Aaron Rodgers...  seemed like an ideal fit for the Browns.  They have an opportunity to bring in an experienced coach who has won a Super Bowl and could work with Baker and that offense.

Go figure the Browns aren't interested...  
were the browns really not interested in mccarthy,  or was it the other way around?