Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings time is now
Quote: @Nichelle said:
@MaroonBells said:
Well....not sure I could've hoped for more. This sort of FEELS like the Vikings should be up 20 to 7 or so (stupid Taysom Hill bomb). But 13-10 lead at the half, on the road, against a team most thought would blow us out. I'm not complaining.

Saints have probably won the intangible battle, getting maybe 2/3 of the game of inches, bounces, bad calls, (holding on Thielen? The missed D hold on Rudy?) etc. Hopefully that turns around.

But we're playing our game. Bend but don't break. We're running the ball well. Dalvin is SO good. If I'm honest, Cousins does look a little shaky. A lot of uncharacteristic wobble passes. That doesn't bode well. But nothing too bad. Fingers crossed. 

Keep it going. Stop Brees on this 1st drive in the 2nd half. Shock the world, Vikes. 
I think I love you! lol

My plan today was not to get too drawn into this game. I've had too much stress in my life lately and this was not going to help. But as soon as the game started and there was a run game and the D showed up, I was in. 

What a fantastic win..... against the Saints... in New Orleans. 
Well you know I love you, Nichelle! Today, I love everyone! Even Sticky! Where's Sticky? Even Jersey! Too bad Jersey still has his nose stuck to the glass, wishing he could participate in all the fun. 

Something about that pass to Thielen... That was so freaking stone cold. Wow. I'm stunned.

Quote: @Clanzomaelan said:
Something about that pass to Thielen... That was so freaking stone cold. Wow. I'm stunned.
It really was. In one throw, Cousins rewrote his narrative. THAT throw. Amazing. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
Get theilen out 
Big time players make big time plays. 12 mil a year, he needed to be in there............

BOOOOM goes the dynamite!

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
This was a fantastic team we just beat.  
Yes it was. They were hot, averaging, what, 40 points a game? At home and we beat 'em. If not for some bizarre-o-world plays by their backup QB, this game would not have been this close.  

Kirk Cousins delivers for Vikings in OT to pick up first playoff win
1:49 PM PT
  • [Image: cronin_courtney.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop]Courtney CroninESPN Staff Writer NEW ORLEANS -- On the afternoon he put an end to the big-game narrative that has hung over him throughout his NFL career, quarterback Kirk Cousins led the Minnesota Vikings to their first road playoff victory since 2004 with a 26-20 win over the New Orleans Saints on Sunday.
    Continuing the trend of close games with crazy finishes during wild card weekend, the Vikings punched their ticket to the divisional round in overtime when Cousins connected with tight end Kyle Rudolph for a 4-yard touchdown on third down. This is the first wild card weekend that featured three games within three points in the final two minutes of regulation since 2013.
    It was the most unanticipated win for the Vikings since they beat the Green Bay Packers during the 2004 wild-card round. The Saints were favored to win Sunday's game by a touchdown.
    EDITOR'S PICKS Cousins won the first playoff game of his career after completing four of five passing attempts for 63 yards and a touchdown on the Vikings' overtime drive. The quarterback hit four different receivers on the game-winning drive: Dalvin CookStefon DiggsAdam Thielen and Rudolph.
    Cousins' game-winning TD to Rudolph was thrown under duress. He had only one passing touchdown under pressure all season prior to that throw on 99 attempts.
    Cousins' 43-yard pass to Thielen that got the Vikings down inside New Orleans' 2-yard line carried the most air yards on a completion (40) since Cousins joined the Vikings in 2018. Cousins finished with a 96.4 passer rating, completing 19 of 31 attempts for 242 yards and a touchdown.
    Running back Dalvin Cook, who returned to action for the first time since injuring his shoulder in Los Angeles, sparked Minnesota's offense with 94 yards rushing and two touchdowns.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Nichelle said:
@MaroonBells said:
Well....not sure I could've hoped for more. This sort of FEELS like the Vikings should be up 20 to 7 or so (stupid Taysom Hill bomb). But 13-10 lead at the half, on the road, against a team most thought would blow us out. I'm not complaining.

Saints have probably won the intangible battle, getting maybe 2/3 of the game of inches, bounces, bad calls, (holding on Thielen? The missed D hold on Rudy?) etc. Hopefully that turns around.

But we're playing our game. Bend but don't break. We're running the ball well. Dalvin is SO good. If I'm honest, Cousins does look a little shaky. A lot of uncharacteristic wobble passes. That doesn't bode well. But nothing too bad. Fingers crossed. 

Keep it going. Stop Brees on this 1st drive in the 2nd half. Shock the world, Vikes. 
I think I love you! lol

My plan today was not to get too drawn into this game. I've had too much stress in my life lately and this was not going to help. But as soon as the game started and there was a run game and the D showed up, I was in. 

What a fantastic win..... against the Saints... in New Orleans. 
Well you know I love you, Nichelle! Today, I love everyone! Even Sticky! Where's Sticky? Even Jersey! Too bad Jersey still has his tongue stuck to the glass, wishing he could participate in all the fun. 
FIFY

That win .... on the road vs Brees ?

Cousins just landed an extension, Zimmer and Spielman bought themselves at least 3 more seasons.

I almost miss NJVike, just so he can finally shut up about a playoff win for Spielman.

Here is the thing that blew me away-

When Rhodes got his stinger, I was actually nervous he was leaving the game. Griffen showed up, Rhodes showed up...

In all, we held a high powered offense in check.
Brees- 208 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 fumble, sacked 3 times.
Kamara & Murray? 21 yards each
Hill led their team in rushing with 50 yards.
Thomas- 70 yards

The defense actually had a scheme the Saints hadn't planned for, and played well.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@A1Janitor said:
This was a fantastic team we just beat.  
Yes it was. They were hot, averaging, what, 40 points a game? At home and we beat 'em. If not for some bizarre-o-world plays by their backup QB, this game would not have been this close.  
And fair officiating.  That was bad.  Lucky they got the last calls right.