Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boone Injury Opens a Door?
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Shit show of injuries on the O-line again. Crazy.

I think we are better off this year though. Once we find the right mixture and chemistry I think we will be a lot better. Right now it is a bunch trial and error till we can figure it out.

Quote: @Canthony said:
@StickyBun said:
Shit show of injuries on the O-line again. Crazy.

I think we are better off this year though. Once we find the right mixture and chemistry I think we will be a lot better. Right now it is a bunch trial and error till we can figure it out.
LOL, not really a ringing endorsement for being 'better off this year', you know? IMO, the line will be problematic all season. A damn shame because the team looks pretty solid everywhere else. But unfortunately, its one of the most important units on a team. 

Problematic - in that it will be an avg line?  There will be a few injuries.   That's about all.   Lots of bad olines in the NFL these days.  Not unique to Minn.

Quote: @twgerber said:
Problematic - in that it will be an avg line?  There will be a few injuries.   That's about all.   Lots of bad olines in the NFL these days.  Not unique to Minn.
Average? They'll have to prove they are at least average. Yes, lots of bad lines....on bad football teams. On playoff teams? Not so much. 

Reiff =    injured and no real word when he'll be back full time
Boone =  injured with a wrap on his knee
Remmers = looks like hot garbage
Center spot = a rookie or UDFA

I mean, if we were looking at this situation from the outside, we'd say that looks like trouble. Not sure how to see it any other way or than thru purple shades. 

Seattle has a very very bad oline.

didnt Denver make 2  the superbowl and win it with a shit oline a couple years back?

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@twgerber said:
Average? They'll have to prove they are at least average. Yes, lots of bad lines....on bad football teams. On playoff teams? Not so much. 

Reiff =    injured and no real word when he'll be back full time
Boone =  injured with a wrap on his knee
Remmers = looks like hot garbage
Center spot = a rookie or UDFA

I mean, if we were looking at this situation from the outside, we'd say that looks like trouble. Not sure how to see it any other way or than thru purple shades. 
There are many ways to see the same thing. An optimist would say that in the last two years we added three well paid free agents, a high draft pick, and the player we traded for a couple of years ago is playing well. A pessimist would say what you just said. There is a middle, more realistic take, but it's boring. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@twgerber said:

didnt Denver make 2  the superbowl and win it with a shit oline a couple years back?
Isn't it a lot more relevant to note that Minnesota went 3-8 over the end of 2016 and virtually everyone has claimed the lousy/injured OL was the biggest reason?? We can't say, "We would have made the playoffs last year if only our OL was better" AND say, "We can make the playoffs this year even if our OL is not better"...

No one is making the second statement that I have noticed.   The oline is better this year.  How much is the question

No one is making the second statement that I have noticed.   The oline is better this year.  How much is the question
Well, JimmyinSD said Denver reached the SB with a bad OL, and you said Seattle (a regular playoff team lately) has a very bad OL. Maybe you were both just randomly mentioning teams with poor OL play, but the implication I took was that you think the Vikings can overcome a bad OL.

As to your statement that the OL is better, I wouldn't say that is universally accepted, just from the comments within this thread and the injury level thus far.