@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
is that how he felt when a angry racist ran down parade goers with his vehicle last Christmas?  were there clever tweets about that tragedy thinking that they may some way bring about some sort of change that will do nothing to address the real issue at hand?  if he had tweeted some smarmy bull shit response at that time, would you have posted that as well?

you may think that this shit is somehow going to change minds or win points,  but it really does nothing but show the true ignorance on the matter.

quick question.. how has prohibition ever worked in this country?  booze... utter failure unless you were a kennedy or other that simply igoned the laws and found ways to profit from it.  drugs.... that one is the time honored poster child for failure.   what else we got,  sex with children... well those in power dont seem to give a shit there either.   countless gun laws in place already that do little to nothing to stop this shit,  maybe focus on the why, and not the how, and you might get closer to finding a solution,  the how can easily be swapped out,  as it has many times in the past.  
Who's talking about prohibition? Most gun control advocates simply want better regulation. Y'know, kinda like alcohol. 

We have a shit load of laws that either don't get enforced or don't work.  I am sorry if gun owners are skeptical that if we were to go along with your proposed new laws that it would stop there.  We know it won't stop the violence,   and we are pretty confident that those behind more regulations now will just keep demanding the same.  The track record of thw govt applying common sense to solve a problem doesn't have a good standing,   they will quickly blow by common sense and start implementing stupidity.
I agree, let's get guns in the hands of everyone.  Since there are so many out there at this point, we should all be armed.  Whites, blacks, other minorities, rural, inner city.  I mean there are enough guns in America today for each of us to have one.  We are ultimately going to get there, why not just speed up the process and get this NRA hard on (if they can still get one) up and over with.

I mean this did happen in the 60s/70s and somehow conservatives started pushing for more gun control with the Milford Act. . . don't know why that would be.
We're already there, and then some. Per 100 citizens, America has 120 guns. Next large country is Yemen with 62. Japan has .3.

But guns themselves aren't the biggest problem. I have three of my own. But I doubt I'd get far shooting up a school or a parade with my Winchester model 94. The biggest problem is how quickly and easily one can buy a weapon of war like an AR-15. A gun that fires rapidly, and with the kind of power and velocity it literally decapitates folks. It's the kind of "scary" weapon even the police afraid of, right Jimmy? And crazy people seem to LOVE that about 'em. 

The 2nd biggest problem is lunatics like Lauren Boebert spreading propaganda to people who don't know any better. When a man killed three people at a mall in Denmark, she tweeted, “There was just a mass shooting in Denmark, a country with some of the strictest gun laws in Europe. It’s time to admit that gun laws DO NOT stop mass shootings!”  My right-wing brother in law sent me that.

Others chimed in. "Shooting in Copenhagen Denmark where guns are BANNED? Oooooh child I can't wait for the Left to explain how that happened!" Florida GOP congressional candidate Lavern Spicer tweeted in response to the shooting.

"The Left is confused right now. There was a mass shooting in Copenhagen. Copenhagen is in Denmark. Guns are basically illegal in Denmark. Their gun law talking point was just shot to sh*t, literally."

They couldn't be that stupid, could they? There's been 1 mass shooting in Denmark over the past 28 years. Just this year, the US has had 308. 11 in the first four days of July. 
Shall we count all the liberal talking points?  weapon of war, literally decapitates people...  Surprised you didn't say, blow out their lungs.

Mental health is much more of an issue than guns.  Young men, all seemingly mentally ill.  Maybe there is a larger issue here.  And if they can't get guns, they will drive their SUV into a crowd.

Mentally ill people exist in every country on the planet. Yet no other country has this problem. It's guns. I'd show you the statistics but I'm guessing you've seen them all before...and ignored them. 
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/...heir-minds

...and to think, this was written BEFORE January 6th and the subsequent hearings. 
Yeah, and some still think it was the worst thing ever while ignoring the many times liberals and antifa have stormed gov't buildings.

Freakin clown world.

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
is that how he felt when a angry racist ran down parade goers with his vehicle last Christmas?  were there clever tweets about that tragedy thinking that they may some way bring about some sort of change that will do nothing to address the real issue at hand?  if he had tweeted some smarmy bull shit response at that time, would you have posted that as well?

you may think that this shit is somehow going to change minds or win points,  but it really does nothing but show the true ignorance on the matter.

quick question.. how has prohibition ever worked in this country?  booze... utter failure unless you were a kennedy or other that simply igoned the laws and found ways to profit from it.  drugs.... that one is the time honored poster child for failure.   what else we got,  sex with children... well those in power dont seem to give a shit there either.   countless gun laws in place already that do little to nothing to stop this shit,  maybe focus on the why, and not the how, and you might get closer to finding a solution,  the how can easily be swapped out,  as it has many times in the past.  
Who's talking about prohibition? Most gun control advocates simply want better regulation. Y'know, kinda like alcohol. 

We have a shit load of laws that either don't get enforced or don't work.  I am sorry if gun owners are skeptical that if we were to go along with your proposed new laws that it would stop there.  We know it won't stop the violence,   and we are pretty confident that those behind more regulations now will just keep demanding the same.  The track record of thw govt applying common sense to solve a problem doesn't have a good standing,   they will quickly blow by common sense and start implementing stupidity.
I agree, let's get guns in the hands of everyone.  Since there are so many out there at this point, we should all be armed.  Whites, blacks, other minorities, rural, inner city.  I mean there are enough guns in America today for each of us to have one.  We are ultimately going to get there, why not just speed up the process and get this NRA hard on (if they can still get one) up and over with.

I mean this did happen in the 60s/70s and somehow conservatives started pushing for more gun control with the Milford Act. . . don't know why that would be.
We're already there, and then some. Per 100 citizens, America has 120 guns. Next large country is Yemen with 62. Japan has .3.

But guns themselves aren't the biggest problem. I have three of my own. But I doubt I'd get far shooting up a school or a parade with my Winchester model 94. The biggest problem is how quickly and easily one can buy a weapon of war like an AR-15. A gun that fires rapidly, and with the kind of power and velocity it literally decapitates folks. It's the kind of "scary" weapon even the police afraid of, right Jimmy? And crazy people seem to LOVE that about 'em. 

The 2nd biggest problem is lunatics like Lauren Boebert spreading propaganda to people who don't know any better. When a man killed three people at a mall in Denmark, she tweeted, “There was just a mass shooting in Denmark, a country with some of the strictest gun laws in Europe. It’s time to admit that gun laws DO NOT stop mass shootings!”  My right-wing brother in law sent me that.

Others chimed in. "Shooting in Copenhagen Denmark where guns are BANNED? Oooooh child I can't wait for the Left to explain how that happened!" Florida GOP congressional candidate Lavern Spicer tweeted in response to the shooting.

"The Left is confused right now. There was a mass shooting in Copenhagen. Copenhagen is in Denmark. Guns are basically illegal in Denmark. Their gun law talking point was just shot to sh*t, literally."

They couldn't be that stupid, could they? There's been 1 mass shooting in Denmark over the past 28 years. Just this year, the US has had 308. 11 in the first four days of July. 
Shall we count all the liberal talking points?  weapon of war, literally decapitates people...  Surprised you didn't say, blow out their lungs.

Mental health is much more of an issue than guns.  Young men, all seemingly mentally ill.  Maybe there is a larger issue here.  And if they can't get guns, they will drive their SUV into a crowd.

Mentally ill people exist in every country on the planet. Yet no other country has this problem. It's guns. I'd show you the statistics but I'm guessing you've seen them all before...and ignored them. 
And guns have existed for centuries without mass shootings (other than at the hand of the govt).  But you already know that and have ignored it as well.

Perhaps our brand of affluence, self-esteem therapy and liberal self hate have brewed a much better pot of crazy stew.
Hmm...you have a point. Makes me wonder if guns have changed much over the centuries. Hard to tell. Also makes me wonder if back in the day, folks would take pictures of themselves and their families with their 600 muskets surrounding them. Sure, there were crazy people back then who would shoot shit up, but going into a saloon with nothing but a musket, a gun powder pouch and bad intentions sure would give you a lot of time to change your mind. Also makes me wonder if maybe we should consider how much guns have changes over the centuries when we talk about the fact that guns have been around for centuries. Just a thought. 

Nah, I'm sure that's just the crazy lefty in me. 

I had read somewhere yesterday that the gun was purchased legally,  I talked with a former CPD cop and his accounting of what all has to be done to legally buy a gun in Illinois makes me question that his gun was legally purchased with all the state imposed safeguards in place.  1st thing is you have to be 21 to get a state permit to even buy a gun,  part of that process is to exhibit mental stability.  sounds like the reports coming out on this kid is that the cops knew of him pretty good.  He had reportedly previous attempts to hurt himself and to kill his family dating back over a year ago,  which if this was true,  that should have prevented him from getting his FOID card and being able to purchase and own a firearm in the state of Illinois legally.  It would be interesting to see the timeline on his mental health issues in the past in relation to him getting the gun.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:

And guns have existed for centuries without mass shootings (other than at the hand of the govt).  But you already know that and have ignored it as well.

Perhaps our brand of affluence, self-esteem therapy and liberal self hate have brewed a much better pot of crazy stew.
Hmm...you have a point. Makes me wonder if guns have changed much over the centuries. Hard to tell. Also makes me wonder if back in the day, folks would take pictures of themselves and their families with their 600 muskets surrounding them. Sure, there were crazy people back then who would shoot shit up, but going into a saloon with nothing but a musket, a gun powder pouch and bad intentions sure would give you a lot of time to change your mind. Also makes me wonder if maybe we should consider how much guns have changes over the centuries when we talk about the fact that guns have been around for centuries. Just a thought. 

derp.

Yeah, everyone was using black powder muskets up until 1980s.  derp  Semi auto guns have been around for quite some time.  But these pale in comparison to the fully semi automatic scary black ones of today.

And cars have changed so much they allow sick people to kill 6 at a parade, but the media seems to ignore that one.

@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:

derp.

Yeah, everyone was using black powder muskets up until 1980s.  derp  Semi auto guns have been around for quite some time.  But these pale in comparison to the fully semi automatic scary black ones of today.

And cars have changed so much they allow sick people to kill 6 at a parade, but the media seems to ignore that one.
Betcha it's because he was Black, huh? Media hates whitey. We can't have anything nice. 

@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:

derp.

Betcha it's because he was Black, huh? Media hates whitey. We can't have anything nice. 
derp de derp.  Or that it didn't further the "scary guns" narrative.  Or the racist white conservative gunsexual like you like to proclaim.

@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:

derp.

derp de derp.  Or that it didn't further the "scary guns" narrative.  Or the racist white conservative gunsexual like you like to proclaim.
Well I know for a fact that deer are scared shitless of the AR-15. Well...and cops in Texas I guess. 

its been a week,  a shooter in custody to talk to,  what are they saying was the motivation for the fruit cake from illinois to open fire on that parade?

@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/...heir-minds

...and to think, this was written BEFORE January 6th and the subsequent hearings. 

Show me on the dolly where the bad man touched you.