Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT 2021 Mass Shooters
[Image: l1f7q1m8n0091.jpg]

I hear you, needless to say, its pretty horrible. But if you look up their definition of what a 'mass shooter' is, it kind of inflates things. 

Do not misread what I'm saying. This is a major problem in our country. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I hear you, needless to say, its pretty horrible. But if you look up their definition of what a 'mass shooter' is, it kind of inflates things. 

Do not misread what I'm saying. This is a major problem in our country. 
I didn't make up the definitions of a mass shooting.  Maybe someone is trying to over inflate the numbers for their political gain?
All I know....I don't see a lot of confederate flag waving, KKK members in that picture.  But holy shit, all I've read on the internet this week is about how conservatives are all racists who are trying to eliminate everyone else.

Economic despair and mental illness are the fire
Guns are gasoline

America's a mess for a million reasons

Not sure who put that collage together? But heck, we can find any story we want out there to support a particular pov. 

I'll bet there is one undisputed fact though; and that is a pretty direct correlation between crime and economic condition...

There are too many poor people in this country, too high a % of people of color who are economically disadvantaged and the disparity between wealthy and not wealthy I suspect may be growing too. 

Add Covid into the mix? More polarization politically? Red/Blue parties ruled by their extremes?

You have a toxic soup in America today. 

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
Guns are gasoline

Its the isolation, its starts there. But now you have social media to validate your crazed thoughts. Younger, white males mostly. Disenfranchised....no girlfriends....no lives. Easily manipulated and radicalized. Nothing to belong to and no feeling of belonging. Misguided hatred. Once you feel truly hopeless, what else matters? 

If you don't know what 4chan is, look it up. The worst of the worst.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Not sure who put that collage together? But heck, we can find any story we want out there to support a particular pov. 

I'll bet there is one undisputed fact though; and that is a pretty direct correlation between crime and economic condition...

There are too many poor people in this country, too high a % of people of color who are economically disadvantaged and the disparity between wealthy and not wealthy I suspect may be growing too. 

Add Covid into the mix? More polarization politically? Red/Blue parties ruled by their extremes?

I would take exception to that.  Not many actually poor people in this country.  Sadly, I think that is about to change with inflation and food prices.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

I would take exception to that.  Not many actually poor people in this country.  Sadly, I think that is about to change with inflation and food prices.
11% of America lives below the poverty line

48%-60% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck

The most wealth ever generated in human history

Our system is broken.  It's an oligarchy

Conscious capitalism is the only way

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Skodin" said:
Guns are gasoline

Its the isolation, its starts there. But now you have social media to validate your crazed thoughts. Younger, white males mostly. Disenfranchised....no girlfriends....no lives. Easily manipulated and radicalized. Nothing to belong to and no feeling of belonging. Misguided hatred. Once you feel truly hopeless, what else matters? 

If you don't know what 4chan is, look it up. The worst of the worst.
Thats what you got out of the picture?  Really?  

Disfranchised white people are running around shooting people up?  

Maybe we should question why 6.5ish% of the population is commiting +50% of the murders in this country. 

Are crazy people a problem. Abso-fucking-loutley. But they come in all shades. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Truth. People in America do not know what real poverty is.