Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT 2021 Mass Shooters
Quote: @Skodin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
is that how he felt when a angry racist ran down parade goers with his vehicle last Christmas?  were there clever tweets about that tragedy thinking that they may some way bring about some sort of change that will do nothing to address the real issue at hand?  if he had tweeted some smarmy bull shit response at that time, would you have posted that as well?

you may think that this shit is somehow going to change minds or win points,  but it really does nothing but show the true ignorance on the matter.

quick question.. how has prohibition ever worked in this country?  booze... utter failure unless you were a kennedy or other that simply igoned the laws and found ways to profit from it.  drugs.... that one is the time honored poster child for failure.   what else we got,  sex with children... well those in power dont seem to give a shit there either.   countless gun laws in place already that do little to nothing to stop this shit,  maybe focus on the why, and not the how, and you might get closer to finding a solution,  the how can easily be swapped out,  as it has many times in the past.  
Who's talking about prohibition? Most gun control advocates simply want better regulation. Y'know, kinda like alcohol. 

We have a shit load of laws that either don't get enforced or don't work.  I am sorry if gun owners are skeptical that if we were to go along with your proposed new laws that it would stop there.  We know it won't stop the violence,   and we are pretty confident that those behind more regulations now will just keep demanding the same.  The track record of thw govt applying common sense to solve a problem doesn't have a good standing,   they will quickly blow by common sense and start implementing stupidity.
I agree, let's get guns in the hands of everyone.  Since there are so many out there at this point, we should all be armed.  Whites, blacks, other minorities, rural, inner city.  I mean there are enough guns in America today for each of us to have one.  We are ultimately going to get there, why not just speed up the process and get this NRA hard on (if they can still get one) up and over with.

I mean this did happen in the 60s/70s and somehow conservatives started pushing for more gun control with the Milford Act. . . don't know why that would be.
We're already there, and then some. Per 100 citizens, America has 120 guns. Next large country is Yemen with 62. Japan has .3.

But guns themselves aren't the biggest problem. I have three of my own. But I doubt I'd get far shooting up a school or a parade with my Winchester model 94. The biggest problem is how quickly and easily one can buy a weapon of war like an AR-15. A gun that fires rapidly, and with the kind of power and velocity it literally decapitates folks. It's the kind of "scary" weapon even the police afraid of, right Jimmy? And crazy people seem to LOVE that about 'em. 

The 2nd biggest problem is lunatics like Lauren Boebert spreading propaganda to people who don't know any better. When a man killed three people at a mall in Denmark, she tweeted, “There was just a mass shooting in Denmark, a country with some of the strictest gun laws in Europe. It’s time to admit that gun laws DO NOT stop mass shootings!”  My right-wing brother in law sent me that.

Others chimed in. "Shooting in Copenhagen Denmark where guns are BANNED? Oooooh child I can't wait for the Left to explain how that happened!" Florida GOP congressional candidate Lavern Spicer tweeted in response to the shooting.

"The Left is confused right now. There was a mass shooting in Copenhagen. Copenhagen is in Denmark. Guns are basically illegal in Denmark. Their gun law talking point was just shot to sh*t, literally."

They couldn't be that stupid, could they? There's been 1 mass shooting in Denmark over the past 28 years. Just this year, the US has had 308. 11 in the first four days of July. 

...on a related note, I really like what Denmark has done....
Civilians are not allowed to own full automatic firearms, while semi-automatic weapons and handguns are only allowed with special authorization. Gun owners are also allowed to own ammunition that is only suitable for the guns they possess.

Those who seek to be licensed gun owners in Denmark are required to demonstrate a genuine reason to possess a firearm, such as for collection or hunting. They also should be no younger than 18 years old and must have passed a background check which looks into criminal and mental health records. Danish authorities maintain records of licensed civilian gun owners who are allowed to acquire, possess, sell, or transfer firearms or ammunition, according to Gun Policy.

Sounds like common sense to me. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
is that how he felt when a angry racist ran down parade goers with his vehicle last Christmas?  were there clever tweets about that tragedy thinking that they may some way bring about some sort of change that will do nothing to address the real issue at hand?  if he had tweeted some smarmy bull shit response at that time, would you have posted that as well?

you may think that this shit is somehow going to change minds or win points,  but it really does nothing but show the true ignorance on the matter.

quick question.. how has prohibition ever worked in this country?  booze... utter failure unless you were a kennedy or other that simply igoned the laws and found ways to profit from it.  drugs.... that one is the time honored poster child for failure.   what else we got,  sex with children... well those in power dont seem to give a shit there either.   countless gun laws in place already that do little to nothing to stop this shit,  maybe focus on the why, and not the how, and you might get closer to finding a solution,  the how can easily be swapped out,  as it has many times in the past.  
Who's talking about prohibition? Most gun control advocates simply want better regulation. Y'know, kinda like alcohol. 

We have a shit load of laws that either don't get enforced or don't work.  I am sorry if gun owners are skeptical that if we were to go along with your proposed new laws that it would stop there.  We know it won't stop the violence,   and we are pretty confident that those behind more regulations now will just keep demanding the same.  The track record of thw govt applying common sense to solve a problem doesn't have a good standing,   they will quickly blow by common sense and start implementing stupidity.
I agree, let's get guns in the hands of everyone.  Since there are so many out there at this point, we should all be armed.  Whites, blacks, other minorities, rural, inner city.  I mean there are enough guns in America today for each of us to have one.  We are ultimately going to get there, why not just speed up the process and get this NRA hard on (if they can still get one) up and over with.

I mean this did happen in the 60s/70s and somehow conservatives started pushing for more gun control with the Milford Act. . . don't know why that would be.
We're already there, and then some. Per 100 citizens, America has 120 guns. Next large country is Yemen with 62. Japan has .3.

But guns themselves aren't the biggest problem. I have three of my own. But I doubt I'd get far shooting up a school or a parade with my Winchester model 94. The biggest problem is how quickly and easily one can buy a weapon of war like an AR-15. A gun that fires rapidly, and with the kind of power and velocity it literally decapitates folks. It's the kind of "scary" weapon even the police afraid of, right Jimmy? And crazy people seem to LOVE that about 'em. 

The 2nd biggest problem is lunatics like Lauren Boebert spreading propaganda to people who don't know any better. When a man killed three people at a mall in Denmark, she tweeted, “There was just a mass shooting in Denmark, a country with some of the strictest gun laws in Europe. It’s time to admit that gun laws DO NOT stop mass shootings!”  My right-wing brother in law sent me that.

Others chimed in. "Shooting in Copenhagen Denmark where guns are BANNED? Oooooh child I can't wait for the Left to explain how that happened!" Florida GOP congressional candidate Lavern Spicer tweeted in response to the shooting.

"The Left is confused right now. There was a mass shooting in Copenhagen. Copenhagen is in Denmark. Guns are basically illegal in Denmark. Their gun law talking point was just shot to sh*t, literally."

They couldn't be that stupid, could they? There's been 1 mass shooting in Denmark over the past 28 years. Just this year, the US has had 308. 11 in the first four days of July. 
Shall we count all the liberal talking points?  weapon of war, literally decapitates people...  Surprised you didn't say, blow out their lungs.

Mental health is much more of an issue than guns.  Young men, all seemingly mentally ill.  Maybe there is a larger issue here.  And if they can't get guns, they will drive their SUV into a crowd.

Civilians are not allowed to own full automatic firearms, while semi-automatic weapons and handguns are only allowed with special authorization. Gun owners are also allowed to own ammunition that is only suitable for the guns they possess.

Those who seek to be licensed gun owners in Denmark are required to demonstrate a genuine reason to possess a firearm, such as for collection or hunting. They also should be no younger than 18 years old and must have passed a background check which looks into criminal and mental health records. Danish authorities maintain records of licensed civilian gun owners who are allowed to acquire, possess, sell, or transfer firearms or ammunition, according to Gun Policy.

See, there's this pesky constitution thing again.  If you want those laws, repeal the 2nd amendment.  You cannot have a license for something that is a fundamental right spelled out clearly.  If you don't like it amend it.

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Shall we count all the liberal talking points?  weapon of war, literally decapitates people...  Surprised you didn't say, blow out their lungs.

Mental health is much more of an issue than guns.  Young men, all seemingly mentally ill.  Maybe there is a larger issue here.  And if they can't get guns, they will drive their SUV into a crowd.

Mentally ill people exist in every country on the planet. Yet no other country has this problem. It's guns. I'd show you the statistics but I'm guessing you've seen them all before...and ignored them. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:

See, there's this pesky constitution thing again.  If you want those laws, repeal the 2nd amendment.  You cannot have a license for something that is a fundamental right spelled out clearly.  If you don't like it amend it.
No need to repeal the 2nd amendment. We just need to read it correctly. Which will never happen, because there's too much money at stake. 

@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Mentally ill people exist in every country on the planet. Yet no other country has this problem. It's guns. I'd show you the statistics but I'm guessing you've seen them all before...and ignored them. 
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/...heir-minds

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:

...and to think, this was written BEFORE January 6th and the subsequent hearings. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:

i get it,  its like how people that hated trump completely overlook that the shit they said was going to happen negatively to the country but didnt,  is now actually happening under the guy they voted for to replace trump,  but now its not because of bad policy or poor leadership,  its somebody else's fault.  or how trumps kids were evil little monsters that were going to ride the presidential coat tails to line their own pockets.... but Hunter Biden is a non talking point...  is that what you were getting at here?

you do realize that this article could just as easily be used by those of an opposing side of any position,  as such it does nothing to bolster you take on the matter.

@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:

And guns have existed for centuries without mass shootings (other than at the hand of the govt).  But you already know that and have ignored it as well.

Perhaps our brand of affluence, self-esteem therapy and liberal self hate have brewed a much better pot of crazy stew.