Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's racism no longer in question
Quote: @greediron said:
If it is so bad, why do so many feel the need to invent hate hoaxes?  Jussie and Rep Thomas of Georgia?
Yes, I am sure we could all dig up evidence to support either side.  Yes there are hateful people and then there are people that stupidly say stupid stuff.  On both sides.  But the left claims that Trump enables this and makes it worse.  But the fail to condemn their own rhetoric that has led to actual attacks, verbal assaults, doxxing and actual terrorism.
AOC, Maxine Waters, a whole host of wacky Hollywood elites all inciting violence in some way.  Condemn that first, lest you be a hypocrite.
What violence is AOC and Maxine Waters inciting?  None.  "You push back", as in you resist?  LOL, please.

Trump?   He calls for his supporters to assault people and he'll pay their legal fees.  Look at his mob chanting "'send her back" to a Muslim woman as he smirks.  When wackos threaten reporters from CNN or mail them explosives after Trump's called the media the enemy of the people, he refuses to denounce violence against them.  

If you don't think Trump isn't purposely stoking divisions in this country you need to seek help.

This is very disappointing and there's zero excuse:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ronald-reagan...52052.html

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I missed the part of that comment that was racist.   Is telling somebody you disagree with to go home a racist statement?  Is the congress person in question not from a country that is doing poorly?  was that the racists part of the comment?  I dont want to be labeled racist so somebody please explain it to me.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/eeoc-go-back-where-you-came-from-discrimination-federal-law-trump-tweets/

"Ethnic slurs and other verbal or physical conduct because of nationality are illegal if they are severe or pervasive and create an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment, interfere with work performance, or negatively affect job opportunities," the EEOC's website says. "Examples of potentially unlawful conduct include insults, taunting, or ethnic epithets, such as making fun of a person's foreign accent or comments like, 'Go back to where you came from,' whether made by supervisors or by co-workers."

Quote: @StickyBun said:
This is very disappointing and there's zero excuse:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ronald-reagan...52052.html
It is very disappointing. I actually liked Reagan and voted for him before I really knew anything about politics, policy, etc. So I was shocked when I heard it. Seems out of character to me, but perhaps not. I tend to agree with his daughter, who said her father would be horrified and apologetic by his own comments if he were alive today. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
i am no Omar supporter, but this is absolutely shameful...What the hell is wrong with people?

People have always been like this. They number in the millions. They've just kept these thoughts and beliefs quiet because they weren't typically accepted. Trump changed all that. 
Trump and social media. Without the collaboration of the two, the racism would have remained much more covert. People are validated and emboldened when others are like-minded, whether it be good or bad thought processes. And social media makes the world a MUCH smaller place.
I guess the same could be said of Obama then. Before Obama it typically accepted that you didn't burn of disrespect the American Flag and you stood for the National Anthem. Remember when Michelle said all this over a piece of cloth?  That is not very presidential and First Lady like...  But if Old Glory is "just a piece of cloth" then how can the Confedarate Battle Flag be anything more than  just a piece of cloth??? 
You will always blame Trump for everything when in fact all the division started under Obama he set race relations back 40-50 years 

I hope you aren't assuming all those hate crimes are by white Americans????  How many Jewish temples and cemeteries have been vandalized?  Southern Confedrate cemeteries as well. I doubt they were done by white Americans unless they are members of Antifa. In which you would be fine with that I bet.... 
Common denominator is immigrants (legal or illegal) coming here and not assimilating into American cultures but trying to force their culture into America. I.e. Sharia Law. 
You talk about standing up against Trump supporters as we are racists xenophobic and sexist  so you support Muslims who in their culture throw gays off buildings and treat women as far less than equal to men. But we are the racists xenophobic sexists??? 

Just curious. Is the rise in Hate Crimes counting the attacks on people wearing MAGA hats too??  

Its not a hate crime to $hit on white men. Everyone knows that. 

Anyone see the CNN deal about why white robots are racist?  I wonder what would happen if the robots were black instead?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/08/01/tech/robot-racism-scn-trnd/index.html

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@greediron said:
If it is so bad, why do so many feel the need to invent hate hoaxes?  Jussie and Rep Thomas of Georgia?
Yes, I am sure we could all dig up evidence to support either side.  Yes there are hateful people and then there are people that stupidly say stupid stuff.  On both sides.  But the left claims that Trump enables this and makes it worse.  But the fail to condemn their own rhetoric that has led to actual attacks, verbal assaults, doxxing and actual terrorism.
AOC, Maxine Waters, a whole host of wacky Hollywood elites all inciting violence in some way.  Condemn that first, lest you be a hypocrite.
What violence is AOC and Maxine Waters inciting?  None.  "You push back", as in you resist?  LOL, please.

Trump?   He calls for his supporters to assault people and he'll pay their legal fees.  Look at his mob chanting "'send her back" to a Muslim woman as he smirks.  When wackos threaten reporters from CNN or mail them explosives after Trump's called the media the enemy of the people, he refuses to denounce violence against them.  

If you don't think Trump isn't purposely stoking divisions in this country you need to seek help.
Please.  I know you aren't this stupid.  AOC and her rhetoric about concentration camps and within a week or so these places are attacked by terrorists?  has she denounced this?  Wacky Waters wasn't just saying "push back? 

As I said, condemn that first...  But as usual, Trump is guilty for denouncing the media which caused more hoaxes to "threaten" them...  He is guilty of incitment.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
For those who think it's not racist, go into work tomorrow and tell one of your non-white co-workers that he should go back to where he came from. See what HR says.
First of all, they were complaining about the US and the President called them out on it.  This is a group that also has made direct racist and anti-semitic (not the dog whistle nonsense the left complains about). Now, let's talk about your example MB.  If an employee was complaining about the company and the President of the company told them if they didn't like working for the company...maybe they want to consider looking elsewhere particularly given their previous racist and anti-semitic comments.   Now, ask the question about what HR says.

Quote: @badgervike said:
@MaroonBells said:
For those who think it's not racist, go into work tomorrow and tell one of your non-white co-workers that he should go back to where he came from. See what HR says.
First of all, they were complaining about the US and the President called them out on it.  This is a group that also has made direct racist and anti-semitic (not the dog whistle nonsense the left complains about). Now, let's talk about your example MB.  If an employee was complaining about the company and the President of the company told them if they didn't like working for the company...maybe they want to consider looking elsewhere particularly given their previous racist and anti-semitic comments.   Now, ask the question about what HR says.
As if that's even close to the same thing. Did you pull a muscle trying to stretch a scenario to excuse the racist-in-chief? We all know what he was talking about. As do all of the white supremacists who cheered him on. Curious why you and others don't seem to feel the least bit uneasy about being in lock-step agreement with groups like this. 

I also find it interesting that you very often limit the definition of racism to the support of systematic, institutional discrimination when it applies to Trump, but use broader criteria (language) when it applies to those with whom you disagree.