Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is The Narrative On Cousins Being Re-Written?
Too early to say if the narrative is being rewritten.  I think we'll have to see what happens the rest of this season.  Does he wilt or rise to the occasion during our primetime stretch of games?  How about the playoffs?  I don't care about the fumbling issue.  I think that's pretty set in there and we need to scheme around it, so he's not getting drilled from his blindside.  I care more about his moxie, confidence, and aggressiveness in big games.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
If Rodgers or Brady did what Cousins did in the 2nd half, the sports media would be going beyond ape shit over this. Half the stories are how the Broncos blew it or how bad the first half was for the Vikings. The game is 60 minutes long! I've never seen a game where the refs called the game at half time and went home. Yep, the Viking's D looked bad at times but Allen only threw for 240 yards, with a chunk of that on the last drive. They scored 20 points quickly than only scored 3 the rest of the game. The Viking's offense scored on every second half possession. The Vikings turned the ball over and had horrible penalties.

It was ugly early and for hardcore fans, it colors everything to some extent that happens afterwards. But this was the biggest comeback win in what, 40 years for Minnesota? It was a clutch win and we don't get those in Vikingland.
Or DAK...

Quote: @Purpleblooded said:
He's an above average QB.  Will he ever be elite?  I don't know.  

That said, the offensive game plan was atrocious and we held onto it for too long.  Cousins keeps talking about "playing the game that is called", but an elite QB gets his team out of bad plays.

Above avg might be as good as it gets for fans of a team that has had 512 starting QB's since Culpepper... :p

Really need to start thinking about drafting a QB...cap consequences are coming...or an extension for Cousins that is a win win for both parties...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Me, I need to see more...that historic 3 game run was something, but he has had similar streaks with Washington...

That fumble had a "here comes the real Kirk Cousins" feel to it, but he overcame that...

D is faltering, but we are coming away with wins...today add to that the run game was circa 2018...and we still won...

He's got a lot of games under his belt, but since the Bears game he's been a different guy...too much history as a Vikings fan to think anything other than the other shoe will drop, the clock will strike midnight, but begrudgingly, I think the arrow is pointing up...
The ghost of winning teams is gone, the ghost of prime time is gone. The ghost of road games is gone. And now the ghost of come back ability is gone. He would argue that it was never there to begin with, but I'm not sure the team believed that. 

I'd say the scales aren't tipped in that direction yet...call me a skeptic...

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Me, I need to see more...that historic 3 game run was something, but he has had similar streaks with Washington...

That fumble had a "here comes the real Kirk Cousins" feel to it, but he overcame that...

D is faltering, but we are coming away with wins...today add to that the run game was circa 2018...and we still won...

He's got a lot of games under his belt, but since the Bears game he's been a different guy...too much history as a Vikings fan to think anything other than the other shoe will drop, the clock will strike midnight, but begrudgingly, I think the arrow is pointing up...
The ghost of winning teams is gone, the ghost of prime time is gone. The ghost of road games is gone. And now the ghost of come back ability is gone. He would argue that it was never there to begin with, but I'm not sure the team believed that. 
Still have the ghost of being totally flat after a bye week. Though that is more of a Zimmer thing.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Still have the ghost of being totally flat after a bye week. Though that is more of a Zimmer thing.
Yep. The exorcism still has some demons left to get rid of. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-...ason_id=16

Do think Cousins is the only QB exposed to being hit by 300 lb lineman? Lead the league last year in fumbles lost and was top 5 the prior year. Not sure what you are watching, but Cousins give the ball up a lot in this situation.
Was that behind our o-line that was rated about 30th of 32, and was known as our absolute most glaring weakness?

Just checking.

Yes, he had too many fumbles and has that knock against him...but prior to being behind out hideous-minus-the-rookie line, he was playing for the utterly dysfunctional Fore Redskins...and it'd take powerful delusion to think that didn't matter.

He had one fumble while being mauled by a huge defender...and you can find footage of any/every NFL QB coughing up the ball during blindside sacks.  Given his play over the past several games and overall this season...I'd say that the problem has been largely addressed.

So...not sure what you're watching this season, but he's obviously improved.

I'm watching a guy who fumbled and lost more fumbles than anyone else in the NFL for a two year period.

Odd how is is the only comment people are harping on from the OP. Stat already provided for proof, but we do live in a time of fact resistant adults.