Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge win!!!! And without major starters!
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
They sold their defensive souls to stop Elliot and in retrospect it worked...

But there are clearly issues with the pass d/3rd down d. Kudos to Dak and Cooper - Hughes probably didnt sleep too well last night without enough safety help (see stopping Elliot). 
that OL is no joke bro,  they are about as stout up front now as they were back in their Vikings created hay days of the 90s.   I dont know of any DL in the game that is going to beat them up front with much consistency.

[Image: a0zwnpr5yex1.jpeg]

I'm chowing down. A little gamey, but the feathers are surprisingly soft.

I have to admit, I was awaiting the TO or boneheaded play at the end that would snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, but it never materialized. Just a great hard fought win on the road against a good team. Well done to coaches and players alike, especially Cousins. 

Just hope it continues in the playoffs. Fingers crossed, but I'll still have to see it before I can believe it.

Keep up thee good work, boys!

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
They sold their defensive souls to stop Elliot and in retrospect it worked...

But there are clearly issues with the pass d/3rd down d. Kudos to Dak and Cooper - Hughes probably didnt sleep too well last night without enough safety help (see stopping Elliot). 
that OL is no joke bro,  they are about as stout up front now as they were back in their Vikings created hay days of the 90s.   I dont know of any DL in the game that is going to beat them up front with much consistency.

This is all true. Vikes' D sold out to stop Zeke and that will create opportunities in the passing game. BUT, on third and 12 we need to play the pass.  If that means an extra pass rusher and/or an extra DB, so be it.  Let's see if Zeke can pick up third and 12 on the ground.  Will the Cowboys even try it considering how well the Vikes were playing the run? Maybe.  But make them do it at least once.  They proved they can pick up third and 12 through the air.  This is the type of issue that worries me.

Quote: @"njvike" said:
[Image: a0zwnpr5yex1.jpeg]

I'm chowing down. A little gamey, but the feathers are surprisingly soft.

I have to admit, I was awaiting the TO or boneheaded play at the end that would snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, but it never materialized. Just a great hard fought win on the road against a good team. Well done to coaches and players alike, especially Cousins. 

Just hope it continues in the playoffs. Fingers crossed, but I'll still have to see it before I can believe it.

Keep up thee good work, boys!
Be careful with the beak.  Unless boiled really well, they'll stick in the throat! Wink