Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So many questions in Charlottesville...
Quote: @Vikes45 said:
It wasn't long ago when these Nazi/White Nationalists would be largely ignored and laughed at.  Now people lose their minds over this stuff and people die.  A sad day in America.  We've lost our sense of humor, our perspective and our common sense.
i dont condone racism in any manner... however what I dont understand is how white pride is shameful and racist,  while black pride, brown pride,  etc is a cheered movement that is embraced by the media,  politicians, etc.

if the goal is, and should be,  to end all forms of racism... why do we celebrate the accomplishments, cultural differences, and such that are race based? 

personally I dont get it,  never have and likely never will.  If we are all human,  and all Gods children, why do we need to try and find/manufacture difference to try and elevate ourselves over our brothers and sisters?

I am only going to post this one time here and then likely will not chime in on another topic in here for a while. I don't care about your politics on this forum. I really don't.
For me, there are no "lots of questions"... There is only one truth. Right now we have a movement afoot in our country and it is ugly. It is gaining steam and it is setting down roots. It is gaining influence, and I don't mean just one side or the other.  I don't care who emboldened it. I don't care for the buzz around it, I don't care if the media is trying to make a buck off of it. Or different media angles trying to spin it for political gain.... None of that shit matters!!! 
Do not excuse it in any manner. Do not allow yourself to be indifferent. 
It is flying the flag of our enemy. The enemy that our grandfathers gave their lives to beat down because it was absolutely necessary. Nazism and white supremacy... it is EVERY American's duty to refute it and destroy it. That is what our grandfathers would want us to do because it is absolutely vital to our way of life and to the security of the entire world that we do not let these people become emboldened and spread their roots in our country. 
These people are not about pride of their heritage. That is NOT what these people are about. This isn't some lutefisk festival. This isn't Oktoberfest. This isn't celebrating danish culture. This is about people chanting Jew Go Home. This is about people that used to hide behind a bedsheet and now try to hide behind rebranding themselves as nationalists. 
This is not ok. It is not ok to be indifferent. I don't know everyone here personally but I know a lot of you and I know in your hearts you don't accept these people. Step up and refute it. Please join me in calling it out on its face when you see it. Do not shy away from confronting it on the spot. 

Out.

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
I am only going to post this one time here and then likely will not chime in on another topic in here for a while. I don't care about your politics on this forum. I really don't.
For me, there are no "lots of questions"... There is only one truth. Right now we have a movement afoot in our country and it is ugly. It is gaining steam and it is setting down roots. It is gaining influence, and I don't mean just one side or the other.  I don't care who emboldened it. I don't care for the buzz around it, I don't care if the media is trying to make a buck off of it. Or different media angles trying to spin it for political gain.... None of that shit matters!!! 
It is flying the flag of our enemy. The enemy that our grandfathers gave their lives to beat down because it was absolutely necessary. Nazism and white supremacy... it is EVERY American's duty to refute it and destroy it. That is what our grandfathers would want us to do because it is absolutely vital to our way of life and to the security of the entire world that we do not let these people become emboldened and spread their roots in our country. 
These people are not about pride of their heritage. That is NOT what these people are about. This isn't some lutefisk festival. This isn't Oktoberfest. This isn't celebrating danish culture. This is about people chanting Jew Go Home. This is about people that used to hide behind a bedsheet and now try to hide behind rebranding themselves as nationalists. 
This is not ok. It is not ok to be indifferent. I don't know everyone here personally but I know a lot of you and I know in your hearts you don't accept these people. Step up and refute it. Please join me in calling it out on its face when you see it. Do not shy away from confronting it on the spot. 

Out.

the question should be... why is it gaining traction,  and how do we reverse this trend.  why are good people joining up with these hate mongers?  what is pushing their enrollment numbers?

as far as the nazi shit,  i dont know about all that,  we really dont see to much of it, but hatred is hatred and no one group should be deemed worse than the other when the core of their recruitment message is hatred based on color, creed, or religion... or any of the other shitty things people use to separate themselves from their neighbors.  to call out 1 group but not all of them will only fuel the fire.  My grandpa fought very very hard and sacrificed much in WWII so I understand their sacrifices and torments,  but even he would say all this shit if fucked,   not just the white power assholes.

a related story a little closer to home for some of us.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/north-d...li=BBnb7Kz

Quote: @Mike Olson said:

Out.
There are lots of remnants of the Nazi beliefs that are very rampant in our USA. And it isn't just in the white supremacist movements.  Hitler's Eugenics movement is very strong in the opposite side.  Racism fuels a large portion of the democrats, they just haven't faced much exposure from the media.

So no, I won't shy away from calling it out and shining the light on it.  The founder of Planned Parenthood was very fond of the eugenics of Hitler.  Racism was/is very important in the population control beliefs. 

Yes, white supremacy is about hate, not national pride.  But it is the flip side of the population control coin, certain people aren't human, aren't worth letting live.

The cockroaches have come out into the light. A young woman and 2 officers died. They have been given license to be in the light and attack. We have to stand up to hate. Those who believe in the strength of Americans is our diversity, we have to protect each other. We have to learn from each other and hear each other. I am amazed by the compassion and forgiveness of Heather Heyer's parents. That is the true Christian spirit. That is real and rare. Not what is seen in the political arena.

I am appalled at the misogynistic attacks on Heather Heyer by those hateful people. I am disgusted by those suggesting it was staged and that using a vehicle in such a manner is acceptable. There is a call for unity. But I cannot unite with racists, misogynists, or homophobes.  I will call that bullshit out for what it is. And no matter how divided we may be, I will continue to do whatever I can to make a difference. Because there is no way I would be able to look my son in the eye if I didn't do everything I could to help move things forward. I know this is the beginning and it's only going to get worse. The anger has to run it's course. The violence will continue.

I come from a large military family and it is revolting to me to see those bigots carry that Nazi flag or that symbol merged with the American flag. That is hideous. But my great-uncle didn't go to Normandy to have that shit show up here. A powerful image was of an 89 year old Holocaust survivor in Charlottesville. She is amazing. She made it through something horrific and remains strong. Seeing that gives me hope. Seeing that flag is the reminder that Nazism is evil incarnate and we need to cut it out at the root. I know that hate and fear have been fed. But I still believe love wins out.

I wonder how many people really belong to these groups.  Seems there is a political motivation, yet again, to tie this to Trump.  Any rational person would realize Trump isn't any more or less racist than Obama.  And doesn't support this stuff.

I won't defend racists at all.  Their hate should be punished.  

But let's not equate these immoral deviants with Christian bakers who don't want to bake a cake for homosexuals for a religious ceremony.

And let's not pretend the people protesting with weapons was ok.

Certainly, let's call it like it is.  Pigs in a blanket fry em like Bacon is just as off putting as the racists (not the murderer) at those rallies.

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
I wonder how many people really belong to these groups.  Seems there is a political motivation, yet again, to tie this to Trump.  Any rational person would realize Trump isn't any more or less racist than Obama.  And doesn't support this stuff.

I won't defend racists at all.  Their hate should be punished.  

But let's not equate these immoral deviants with Christian bakers who don't want to bake a cake for homosexuals for a religious ceremony.

And let's not pretend the people protesting with weapons was ok.

Certainly, let's call it like it is.  Pigs in a blanket fry em like Bacon is just as off putting as the racists (not the murderer) at those rallies.
Hate is hate,  no matter who is spreading it.

Quote:
"Hate is hate,  no matter who is spreading it."

Agreed.  But I don't consider the baker in my post to be hateful.  Just a bad businessman. 

Republican David Gergen (worked in the White House of 4 different Presidents Republican and Democrat) "Trump will never be able to deal with the hate in this country until he deals with the hate in himself."