Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No confidence after this game
Quote: @A1Janitor said:
We usually lose in these situations.  

Grab the win and heal.  

Thielen is a big loss.  
Agreed.

Rhodes is having major issues. I wanted more scoring but I am not surprised there wasn't. Lots of running but it worked. The defense was brutal in the first half. The OL was putrid too. 

Walk away happy with a win.

And nothing else. This was an awful showing tonight.

We won, we scored on 5 of 7 possessions and no punts. Cook over 150 combined yards and Diggs over 120 receiving.  I did not see it as all that bad on O except elf.  Our D is what really has me concerned, specifically Rhodes. Even then they only allowed 9 points. 

Whoever came up with the Thursday Night game can eat a bag of dicks! The games always suck! 

I followed a bit on twitter because I’m at work with very little to do tonight.

I expected nothing less than this poor performance. I actually think it plays out better for the Vikings and us fans. The world will think the Vikes suck because they didn’t score 40 points.

We, as fans won’t get too high thinking the Vikings are legit contenders. 

The Vikings fly under the radar a bit. I’m good with the win.

I think that the Vikings are a good team, but a work in progress. The two big areas of concern are CB play and pass protection. CB is tough, because it's Zimmer's area of expertise and they've invested so heavily in the position that we should see better results. Rhodes has been struggling mightily, but to be fair all of the CBs have made major mistakes over the past few games. They'll get Holton Hill back soon, which will at least help with depth, but the CB play is disturbing, especially given that Washington was actively targeting Rhodes tonight and having success. As for the pass protection, some games it's great and other games like Washington and Chicago, they're giving up almost immediate pressure. I'm not sure how to fix that issue, but we're getting to the point where starting Dozier over Elflein needs to be considered. Though that is more due to penalties.

Not sure how you can ever expect to dominate a team in any environment. Its hard to do. Expectations by fans get a little much sometimes. Wasn't the Vikings best game, but they still won by 10. Bailey was perfect on FGs. It also appeared to me like Washington played with passion to their credit. Rhodes is a big concern but Holton Hill is coming back. 

No credit for chewing up over 8 minutes on the final drive? I'll take 6-2 and a Thursday night win.

I am glad they won.  Something has to be done about Rhodes, he has gone from struggling to horrible.  Elf is not great but last night he just had a bad game, it happens.  Biggest concern, not getting in the end zone.  They put up 450 yards or something like that and only 19 points, not good.  Rest up and get ready for 2 tough road games boys.

I thought the offense played well except for the stupid penalties.  We had 430 yards, Cousins was 23 for 26, we averaged 4.5 yards per carry, kicked one td, four field goals, had a Diggs fumble on the 20, and ended the game on downs inside the ten.  We never punted.  We moved the ball at will except the stupid penalties stopped us.  At the end of the game we ran I don't know how many times on that last drive and marched down the field.  I thought it was impressive.  What I don't understand is abandoning the play action passing when Cousins got sacked those two times before the short field goal.  Our offensive line is just not strong enough to hold defensive lines on obvious passing downs.  The next possession we went back to play action and we resumed marching down the field.

Now, the defense, especially the pass defense was horrible and we were fortunate that we only had to deal with Haskins in the second half.  Rhodes has gone from being an elite corner to a handicap.  Maybe they need to take him to a shrink or check out what is going on with him.  Skills don't erode that fast.

Cut down on the penalties, get Rhodes back on track, and keep our heads on, and we can be awesome.  Cousins has thrown some dimes the last four weeks, our two running backs are studs, we have two stud receivers, and I wish Irv Smith would get utilized more.  He's a heck of a lot athletic than Rudolph.  I like what I see except the defense.   

Quote: @SDCAVIKESFAN said:
We won, we scored on 5 of 7 possessions and no punts. Cook over 150 combined yards and Diggs over 120 receiving.  I did not see it as all that bad on O except elf.  Our D is what really has me concerned, specifically Rhodes. Even then they only allowed 9 points. 
The D pressure from the middle is still a concern for me.  Zim is going to need to call more blitzes 'cause we're giving too much time in the pocket.

But these damn penalties have got to stop.  Most of the supposed "drives" by the Redskins were given to them by Rhodes and Elflein. 

But on the bright side, Cousins, Cook and Mattison are flat out studs!