Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Put Elf on a shelf
lol, I do like the headline!  =)

Elflein played too high and let the defensive linemen get under him and pushed him back.  He needs to learn to play a lot lower to maintain his leverage.  Another year of getting stronger and working on his techniques if he plans on playing the guard position very much longer or finding himself standing on the sidelines during the next season.

Washington DL played well and its one of the strengths of that team.

Elf is clearly having a hard time making the transition to G. He wasn't all that great a C either. I think he's destined to be a swingman, depth type player. 

Not sure we have someone better on the roster right now though...

Quote: @Mattyman said:
@SFVikeFan said:
At least 3, maybe 4 holding penalties tonight on him alone.  He is single-handedly killing drives and explosive plays. 
When he was bull rushed for a sack was really bad.

Against a bad team like the  Redskins They can get away with it. 

In a playoff game or @GM, @ CHI, they'll lose 

10 days off,  good time to  make a change.
I'd love to see them make a change... but how?  If Dozier or Samia aren't any better... what do we do?  Trade Rhodes for an OL?  I'm for it... but I doubt that the team would be.  We can't go out and buy an OL (or even trade a draft pick for one, due to our limited cap space).  

Funny how you like to harp on the bad he did but he was key in a lot of the big plays. Cooks big screen he released and and then re-engaged and that block sprung Cook, Cooks td was right on Elfs butt.

Quote: @mjollnir_k said:
Funny how you like to harp on the bad he did but he was key in a lot of the big plays. Cooks big screen he released and and then re-engaged and that block sprung Cook, Cooks td was right on Elfs butt.
Yep. And the team rushed for 161 yards. There are times he gets handled and there are times he can be a solid blocker. I mean, the team ended the game by rushing the ball every single play for over 8 minutes. If he sucked so badly, that wouldn't happen.

I'll say it again: we definitely overreact negatively toward the team as hardcore fans. Some want every play to be won by Minnesota, that won't happen for any team,

The couple holding calls were killer where they happened...  it was a big reason why the Vikings had to settle for FGs early instead of TDs.  At least it didn't cost us the game...  usually sloppy play in the red zone is the difference between winning and losing.

Quote: @mjollnir_k said:
Excellent point. Hopefully he can even out his play...when he's bad, he's really a big liability, but when he's good, he's as effective as anyone on the line...he excels in space but isn't winning in the phonebooth...