Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NE's Defense
I get they have an easy schedule. didn’t we play the Jets last year when Darnold was a rookie? I’m sure we won, but we did not make look like this.

Zimmer should study this defense and figure out what he can take from it. We should be able to confuse the offense more, blitz more, make the QB get rid of the ball quickly or get sacked. We have so much talent on defense and many of them have been together for years. We should be much better on D.

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
I get they have an easy schedule. didn’t we play the Jets last year when Darnold was a rookie? I’m sure we won, but we did not make look like this.

Zimmer should study this defense and figure out what he can take from it. We should be able to confuse the offense more, blitz more, make the QB get rid of the ball quickly or get sacked. We have so much talent on defense and many of them have been together for years. We should be much better on D.
I do agree that with the $$ we have on that side of the ball, how long our guys have been together, our expectations should  very high. 

I think we're right around 6th overall???

D doesnt feel that dominant when watching em, I guess I'd like to see more resemblance to 85/86 Bears lol! 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"dadevike" said:

I do agree that with the $$ we have on that side of the ball, how long our guys have been together, our expectations should  very high. 

I think we're right around 6th overall???

D doesnt feel that dominant when watching em, I guess I'd like to see more resemblance to 85/86 Bears lol! 
  I gotta wonder  how much the rule changes have affected the defense vs. the talent or coaching.  

Watching the game tonight. NE's defense is so much more creative in manufacturing pressure on the QB. I know it's the Jets with Darnold. We May have better talent on D but we are nowhere near as creative.
So were the Eagles against the Jets.  And I wouldn't doubt that Billy had something special cooked up just to embarrass the Jets.

Watching the game tonight. NE's defense is so much more creative in manufacturing pressure on the QB. I know it's the Jets with Darnold. We May have better talent on D but we are nowhere near as creative.
Hate to say it but Belli is the best coach in the nfl and his specialty is D

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
@"dadevike" said:

No question about that. But we have a lot of talent on defense and (I hope) some pretty smart coaches. Watch the film.  Whatever NE is doing, they are doing it for all to see and for those with equal or better talent to adopt. 
All the excuses above mean nothing.  Yes, it's the Jets; yes, NE plays a weak schedule; yes, the rules favor the offense ... But they play good teams in the playoffs and SB and the defense shows up there, too.  Held the Rams to no TDs.
We have played some bad teams. We play by the same rules. We also have a ton of talent on defense. But I don't see domination like this. 
No doubt Belichick is head and shoulders above Zimmer.  So let Belichick invent and innovate, and Zimmer can just copy it.  What's so hard about that?

@"Bullazin" said:
@"dadevike" said:

No question about that. But we have a lot of talent on defense and (I hope) some pretty smart coaches. Watch the film.  Whatever NE is doing, they are doing it for all to see and for those with equal or better talent to adopt. 
All the excuses above mean nothing.  Yes, it's the Jets; yes, NE plays a weak schedule; yes, the rules favor the offense ... But they play good teams in the playoffs and SB and the defense shows up there, too.  Held the Rams to no TDs.
We have played some bad teams. We play by the same rules. We also have a ton of talent on defense. But I don't see domination like this. 
No doubt Belichick is head and shoulders above Zimmer.  So let Belichick invent and innovate, and Zimmer can just copy it.  What's so hard about that?
Atlanta, Oakland, Giants?  yeah, we put a good whooping on them. 

As to invention and copying, whose defense is getting copied around the NFL?

what did belicheat accomplish last night?  does he get extra credit for totally embarrassing his opponent on national tv?  i  dont understand the need to crush a team like that,  if you do it with simple schemes and base defenses it happens so what,  but why play so many cards,  why put so many looks on tape?  sure it gives future QBs and OCs more to watch,  but it also gives them more to learn from.   the more often you show your cards the easier it is to find tells.  I think Zimmer could be a little more frequent in dialing up pressure, especially early in games to get off the field and set a tone,  but to constantly keep coming like that and making sure that every play gets used... I dont get it.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
what did belicheat accomplish last night?  does he get extra credit for totally embarrassing his opponent on national tv?  i  dont understand the need to crush a team like that,  if you do it with simple schemes and base defenses it happens so what,  but why play so many cards,  why put so many looks on tape?  sure it gives future QBs and OCs more to watch,  but it also gives them more to learn from.   the more often you show your cards the easier it is to find tells.  I think Zimmer could be a little more frequent in dialing up pressure, especially early in games to get off the field and set a tone,  but to constantly keep coming like that and making sure that every play gets used... I dont get it.
It was the jets.  it was personal.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
It was the jets.  it was personal.
oh I know... but its stupid,  he is making business personal and that is rarely a smart idea.  shit like that has a way of coming full circle.