Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming schedule doesn't look so tough now...
Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Will try...sending most of my money to my honey (and kids), but kinda hard to resist
They are living in paradise while you slave away...   you deserve it.  Wink

What about......AT the Chargers?

Don't kid yourself Rivers can sling it, but this will be another HOME GAME for Vikings.

We will take over the stadium like we did against the Rams last year, get the SKOL chant going and kick the crap outta them too.
Man. I cannot believe how bad fans in LA are for football. 

I watched the Broncos/Chargers game, and it looked like a Broncos home game in the stands.

Then this last Sunday I watched 49ers at Rams, and it was crazy how many 49ers fans were there.

Now... This likely has to do with visiting franchises having established fan bases, or something to that effect, but dang. 

I'm in Palm Springs on vacation right now, and our friends from LA visited us here. They haven't been to a game in LA, nor do they have any desire or motivation. The only game they wanted to go to was the 49ers game, but they visited us instead.

The blueprint to beat the Chiefs is tight Man coverage. Pats did it. Colts did it. Texans did it.  

I truly believe all the zone lately is to cover for Rhodes. I've watched him longer than anyone here (unless Brad is lurking). He doesn't look right.

Need a speedster to cover Hill. He's not the greatest route runner so I'd stick Hughes on him and put Waynes on Kelce.

That team is still oozing talent but the O-Line is regressing and the Defense is actually worse than last year. Run the ball to eat the clock but he ready to put points on the board early and often.

I Make it back about once a month until I can retire.

Was there this past weekend, was my sons 14th birthday, and got to watch him play with his Pop Warner team.

He did great.  At DE he had 1 sack, 1 FF, 2 Fumble recoveries, 5 solo tackles, twice that in assists.
                      At TE - Thrown to twice - 2 catches / 60 yards

Quote: @Clanzomaelan said:
@Vanguard83 said:
What about......AT the Chargers?

Don't kid yourself Rivers can sling it, but this will be another HOME GAME for Vikings.

We will take over the stadium like we did against the Rams last year, get the SKOL chant going and kick the crap outta them too.

I watched the Broncos/Chargers game, and it looked like a Broncos home game in the stands.

Then this last Sunday I watched 49ers at Rams, and it was crazy how many 49ers fans were there.

Now... This likely has to do with visiting franchises having established fan bases, or something to that effect, but dang. 

I'm in Palm Springs on vacation right now, and our friends from LA visited us here. They haven't been to a game in LA, nor do they have any desire or motivation. The only game they wanted to go to was the 49ers game, but they visited us instead.
They don't have an allegiance there and there is so much going on in LA. I posted videos of the Chargers/Steelers and 49ers/Rams. Completely home games for the road team. It was a mistake to put 2 teams in LA but they want that market.

There was a good viable market in San Diego, all they needed was a better venue.  When they left for LA, most Chargers fans I knew just said "No Mas"

Sad.

Quote: @Clanzomaelan said:
I think LA fans get a lot of unfair criticism.  Go see a Dodgers or Lakers game where they have huge fan bases of loyal long time fans that consistently lead the league in attendance.  On a Saturday afternoon you can find close to 200k fans at combined USC/UCLA football.  There is no city that supports as many sports teams as LA. 

So the NFL then goes and drops two teams in the area.  One that has a very specific fan base in San Diego and the other that abandoned the city 20 years ago sneaking out in the middle of the night and suddenly everyone in LA is suppose to support these teams after they have already established teams they root for?  Not to mention, the Chargers play in a soccer stadium and 2/3x the ticket prices to make up for the lack of seats and the Rams play in a run down stadium in one of the worst parts of the city.  There are a lot of great knowledgeable sports fans in LA and they shouldn't be expected to support these teams that they have no allegiance to. 

I Make it back about once a month until I can retire.

Was there this past weekend, was my sons 14th birthday, and got to watch him play with his Pop Warner team.

He did great.  At DE he had 1 sack, 1 FF, 2 Fumble recoveries, 5 solo tackles, twice that in assists.
                      At TE - Thrown to twice - 2 catches / 60 yards
Nice.  Sounds like a great game.  Much more fun when they win.  My freshman's team is 6-0.  He is having a great year at DE as well.

^^^  Awesome.  Sure is a lot of fun when the team pulls the W

Kahului (unlimited weight) is 4-1 right now

Quote: @JR44 said:
@Clanzomaelan said:
I think LA fans get a lot of unfair criticism.  Go see a Dodgers or Lakers game where they have huge fan bases of loyal long time fans that consistently lead the league in attendance.  On a Saturday afternoon you can find close to 200k fans at combined USC/UCLA football.  There is no city that supports as many sports teams as LA. 

So the NFL then goes and drops two teams in the area.  One that has a very specific fan base in San Diego and the other that abandoned the city 20 years ago sneaking out in the middle of the night and suddenly everyone in LA is suppose to support these teams after they have already established teams they root for?  Not to mention, the Chargers play in a soccer stadium and 2/3x the ticket prices to make up for the lack of seats and the Rams play in a run down stadium in one of the worst parts of the city.  There are a lot of great knowledgeable sports fans in LA and they shouldn't be expected to support these teams that they have no allegiance to. 

but they dont support pro football despite how hard the league worked to put not 1 but 2 teams there.  its pretty sad when the home team is playing in front of a hostile visitors crowd every week.