Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting how Mariota's career has gone....
Play him like the Ravens play Jackson or in an rpo...

Quote: @kmillard said:
@Skodin said:
I am still a believer in MM.  Hard worker, smart, with a ton of ability.  He’s on the wrong team.  Seriously, out of Delanie Walker, who else could you name on TT regarding weapons?  I would take a flyer on him because with his arm, mobility, he could still have a massive ceiling in the right offense aka with our weapons.
He has Cory Davis WR who would be a pro bowler elsewhere. Derrik henry at RB, AJ Brown another good looking young WR. I don't think it is a weapons thing. 
Sorry man, but no.  Henry is above average at best for a RB, Davis in 2.5 years has 5 TD's, and AJ Brown has talent.  But come on, you draft this guy #2 and this is what you surround him with.  Average NFL weapons at best.  

Mariota deserves better, hopefully he can take a year as a back up in Minnesota next year to potentially take the job in 2021 Smile

Quote: @Skodin said:
@kmillard said:
@Skodin said:
I am still a believer in MM.  Hard worker, smart, with a ton of ability.  He’s on the wrong team.  Seriously, out of Delanie Walker, who else could you name on TT regarding weapons?  I would take a flyer on him because with his arm, mobility, he could still have a massive ceiling in the right offense aka with our weapons.
He has Cory Davis WR who would be a pro bowler elsewhere. Derrik henry at RB, AJ Brown another good looking young WR. I don't think it is a weapons thing. 
Sorry man, but no.  Henry is above average at best for a RB, Davis in 2.5 years has 5 TD's, and AJ Brown has talent.  But come on, you draft this guy #2 and this is what you surround him with.  Average NFL weapons at best.  

Mariota deserves better, hopefully he can take a year as a back up in Minnesota next year to potentially take the job in 2021 Smile
Well I don't agree and want nothing to do with Mariota.

Just like Harrington , Mariota went to a bad organization. 

I gotta disagree with a lot of you guys, I don't think Mariota is a good NFL QB.
It's not his circumstances, it's him. He's inaccurate and has happy feet. Turns it over too much to be a game manager. We're better than the Titans overall but they have a solid defense and a solid running game. And they did last year too. It's not like they're the Dolphins.
I don't mean to bury the guy, I think he can be a solid backup due to his mobility, but a franchise QB he is not.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
I gotta disagree with a lot of you guys, I don't think Mariota is a good NFL QB.
It's not his circumstances, it's him. He's inaccurate and has happy feet. Turns it over too much to be a game manager. We're better than the Titans overall but they have a solid defense and a solid running game. And they did last year too. It's not like they're the Dolphins.
I don't mean to bury the guy, I think he can be a solid backup due to his mobility, but a franchise QB he is not.
I feel the same way as you, pattersaur.  For a guy with his physical attributes, he doesn't affect the game at all...  when I watch him, I see a guy that settles for short throws and his decision-making is questionable.  Takes too many sacks for a guy with his mobility and the offensive line he has in front of him.

He just isn't a good NFL QB.