Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting how Mariota's career has gone....
https://www.si.com/nfl/titans/gameday/ti...l-mariota/

They are firmly in the 'take a QB in round 1' camp in this upcoming draft. 

I like Mariota.  Class kid.  But how many Oregon QBs have fizzled in the NFL now?  Joey Harrington, AJ Feeley, Akili Smith, Bill Musgrave (yes, that Bill Musgrave), Dan Fouts (now there's an Outlier), Norm Van Brocklin (yes, OUR Norm Van Brocklin).
Maybe just a more recent phenomenon?

I think it has more to do with coaching than the player.  Some offensive coaches just don't know what they're doing (how to use the resources they have).  Look at Lamar Jackson: he's encouraged to run (although we'll see if he can hold up for another whole season)... meanwhile, they tried to make Mariota a "pocket" QB (which he's clearly not).

Winston and Mariota #1 and 2 respectfully that year. I don't want either now. For different and similar reasons. I would still have picked Mariota now if given only those two to pick from. He's a much better man. Neither have proven much as a QB.

I am still a believer in MM.  Hard worker, smart, with a ton of ability.  He’s on the wrong team.  Seriously, out of Delanie Walker, who else could you name on TT regarding weapons?  I would take a flyer on him because with his arm, mobility, he could still have a massive ceiling in the right offense aka with our weapons.

The only college team I've ever watched every game of was the Mariota led Oregon Ducks.  I miss Gopher games all the time and don't care but I HAD to watch Mariota.  I know he has the physical skills but maybe he's not had the proper coaching and system to let him reach his potential. *shrug*

Quote: @Skodin said:
I am still a believer in MM.  Hard worker, smart, with a ton of ability.  He’s on the wrong team.  Seriously, out of Delanie Walker, who else could you name on TT regarding weapons?  I would take a flyer on him because with his arm, mobility, he could still have a massive ceiling in the right offense aka with our weapons.
I think MM and Teddy would thrive here with this scheme and weapons...

Is Mariota at the point where he is considered a back up QB until he proves otherwise?  Meaning what will his upcoming FA look like if the Titans dont tag him or get him to sign an extension prior to FA?

Quote: @Skodin said:
He has Cory Davis WR who would be a pro bowler elsewhere. Derrik henry at RB, AJ Brown another good looking young WR. I don't think it is a weapons thing. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Is Mariota at the point where he is considered a back up QB until he proves otherwise?  Meaning what will his upcoming FA look like if the Titans dont tag him or get him to sign an extension prior to FA?
Well he did get benched for Tannehill so...