Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I do have to say there was something concerning
I was encouraged by our performance.  Pretty flawless football and a dominant win over an Eagles team that just beat the Packers in their house and drubbed the Jets.

This win looks pretty good when you stack it up with our other wins.  We've beat 4 teams by 2+ scores and our two losses were by 5 and 10 points.

This might be the turning point in our season.  I liked the games Stefanski has called the past two weeks.

It isn't like i am saying the team is shit or the game is shit. I just don't care for the way we play soft with a lead that isn't insurmountable at the time of the game. 

Of course they are a professional team and they are allowed to play well. I am speaking to how we react in those situations. How many felt the game was honkey dorey when they got within 4 points? No creeping into your mind of that "here we go again feeling?".... None? 

Mmmmkay. Sure. 

Kendricks and Barr carried the defense today.  The DEs were a non-factor and the secondary played poorly.  Was very disappointed with our safety play.  Secondary is a concern moving forward.  Hopefully, Hughes and Alexander can play bigger roles as Waynes and Rhodes have been erratic.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
Kendricks and Barr carried the defense today.  The DEs were a non-factor and the secondary played poorly.  Was very disappointed with our safety play.  Secondary is a concern moving forward.  Hopefully, Hughes and Alexander can play bigger roles as Waynes and Rhodes have been erratic.  
I thought Griffen played well too.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
See that's just it for me. I think Rhodes is not the same guy. I would replace him sooner than later. But other than that I just don't know if it is scheme or not. It feels like scheme to me mostly. I liked seeing the return of the double A Gap when we needed to reset the defensive tone, but there was a lot of time when we were playing WAY off the ball..... I didn't notice it so much this game but I have seen where the other team is sitting at 3rd and 5 with our corners 7 yards off the ball. There were times today where they had our secondary completely confused. Releasing a player to the safety who was tracking another guy. Sure a well designed play but at the same timefailing to recognize what they are doing.... and they did that stuff against us  for a LONG time. I dare say that if the eagles didn't shoot themselves in their own foot this games ends quite differently. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
It isn't like i am saying the team is shit or the game is shit. I just don't care for the way we play soft with a lead that isn't insurmountable at the time of the game. 

Of course they are a professional team and they are allowed to play well. I am speaking to how we react in those situations. How many felt the game was honkey dorey when they got within 4 points? No creeping into your mind of that "here we go again feeling?".... None? 

Mmmmkay. Sure. 
The stat they showed " Vikings are 22-0" when they have the lead at home going into 4th quarter" calmed me down a bit.

I dislike going soft as well,

Quote: @Mike Olson said:

Mmmmkay. Sure. 
Oh, definitely thought it was "here we go again" ...but then we bowed up and put two more TDs in them while they got zip...sooooooo...there's that...

Also was the fake field goal the ugliest thing you've seen in a while? I know it was for me. 

How am I doing boys have I met my required quota for football posts today? I dun want to disappoint anyone round here!

Yeah there was some unrestfull feelings as they adjusted and rallied.  But as Barr sez, our d and o stepped up at shit the door