Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THAT, Was $84 Million Dollars Worth Of QB Play
Or ever...one playoff win since 1957...

Everybody stand in the happy line behind Diggs and then Cousins. Nice to see them be able to go to the passing game and still win convincingly. 

When KC gets that kinda protection??? He usually looks pretty good. Not bad considering Kline and Reiff were both out most of the game. 

Mattison might just cost Cook some $$ at contract time lol! He's gotta knock off that hurdling crap. 

I thought the game call on both sides of the ball was pretty good today. Pederson got to cute for his own good. 

3 of the next 4 on the road: Detroit, KC and Dallas, Bronco's at home. Can they go 2/2 the next 4 games????

Every game is going to be critical with the north so competitively tight.  cannot afford to loose anything after digging a hole right away with the Packers and Bears losses.  Keep going and see where we land in this dog fight at the end of the season.

If Vikings are catching fire and figuring things out, they could be hard to stop. I can't buy in yet fully because ....its the Vikings. But they've got my attention.

“Kirk answered all the questions,” Diggs said. “He went out there and played his balls off.”

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
“Kirk answered all the questions,” Diggs said. “He went out there and played his balls off.”
Cousins is accurate if he has time. He's lethal that way. The pocket held up for him and he got in a groove.

Vikings twitter 'got jokes' today. :p
https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/11834...08165?s=20

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
Cousins is accurate if he has time. He's lethal that way. The pocket held up for him and he got in a groove.
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
Unfortunately, that's not always true. But this could be a trend breaking game for him. Let's hope so.

If anyone is curious, I did the math on Cousins pass to Diggs that went about 60 yards in the air. While in game it’s a bit tricky getting the exact flight time, I think I’m probably close. 
Cousins moving to his left, stopped, set his feet and threw it smoothly. It was essentially a set standing throw without a windup or run forward involved.

Initial velocity was approximately 55 mph. It left his hand at an approximate angle of 33 degrees and the balls apex was just over 30 feet. The ball traveled the distance in a bit under 3 seconds. I left out some factors that get more specific as I was looking for a ballpark figure and also because their impact on the ball is minimal. This was an outstanding throw and one showing a strong arm for an NFL QB. 

In perspective - Using combine velocity numbers (a controlled test allowing for a max wind up)

Cousins threw 59 mph in his combine test which is among the faster velocities recorded in the past ten years. This gives you an idea of the difference in his test compared to an in game throw; one he had to maintain precise control to be accurate. I compared it to other notable QB’s with their combine velocity close to what Cousins threw today:

Joe Flacco - 55 mph
Cam Newton - 56 mph
Russel Wilson - 55 mph

Well this suck, it erased half the post. Point is, maybe the coaches have finally figured out how to let Cousins be put in the best position for him to succeed and not let their personal philosophies dictate a path well outside of Cousins wheelhouse.