Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long can the Bears D carry Trubisky?
Quote: @Hidalgo said:
Last year at Chicago, the Vikings defense did not show up until the 3rd quarter and the bears barely beat the Vikings 25-20.
Both teams defenses are similar in talent last year to this year. The bears offense has not improved at all since week 11 last year, The Vikings have Cook back and have added Smith Jr. and Bradbury among others. The bears D will not carry Trubisky this Sunday!
I think that's a little harsh to put that on the defense, which only gave up 13 points and had an INT in the first half.  Here's the Viking offense in the first half:

8 yards - punt 
45 yards - fumble
1 yard - punt (after a defensive INT)
-5 yards - punt
43 yards - INT

The Bears didn't survive the Broncos last week, they got their butts beat and the refs gave it to them at the end.The Packers are two plays and a bad call from being 0-3 and their fans already are trying to figure out which team they will be playing in the Superbowl.If the refs didn't have favorites we would walk away with this division.

Quote: @silverjoel said:
@Hidalgo said:
Last year at Chicago, the Vikings defense did not show up until the 3rd quarter and the bears barely beat the Vikings 25-20.
Both teams defenses are similar in talent last year to this year. The bears offense has not improved at all since week 11 last year, The Vikings have Cook back and have added Smith Jr. and Bradbury among others. The bears D will not carry Trubisky this Sunday!
I think that's a little harsh to put that on the defense, which only gave up 13 points and had an INT in the first half.  Here's the Viking offense in the first half:

8 yards - punt 
45 yards - fumble
1 yard - punt (after a defensive INT)
-5 yards - punt
43 yards - INT
You're correct. I should have left the word defense out of the first sentence.

OL has to hold-up or its going to be a long, long day for everyone rooting for the purple...

Front 7 of Chicago is the best we'll face this year. 

I think we've won something like 2 times there the past 12 years. I'm not expecting a win, but it wouldn't shock me if we do.   

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
OL has to hold-up or its going to be a long, long day for everyone rooting for the purple...

I think we've won something like 2 times there the past 12 years. I'm not expecting a win, but it wouldn't shock me if we do.   
If Cousins doesn't turn the ball over, I think we win. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

If Cousins doesn't turn the ball over, I think we win. 
And that's going to come down to can they run the ball + Interior OL play crucial with their DT's...

They really wrecked havoc on us last year - both games. Might have to hold the backs in for max protection on passing downs vs flood the field with receivers. 

Bradbury has been poor in pass-pro too often as he's learning year 1. Vikings OG's are serviceable on passing downs - mostly

0 sacks last week, but its a different team, on the road, on grass this week. 

Green Barry won at Chicago 2 weeks ago with zero turnovers.

I wanna see if cousins has the skill to do the same thing this weekend at Chicago. 

M guess is cousins turns the ball over.

After 19 games in purplewhy should I think different.

when Cousins is comfortable good things happen,  when the line plays like a colander,  bad things happen.   This game comes down to protecting Cousins. 

Depends, are they going to pick up his fifth year option?