Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long can the Bears D carry Trubisky?
How Long Can the Bears Defense Carry Mitchell Trubisky?

The Chicago Bears survived Monday night in Washington, just as they did last Sunday in Denver. They're winning ugly, thanks almost entirely to a defense that stumped the Green Bay Packers in a Week 1 loss, shut down the Broncos in Week 2 and then had a takeaway party against the Redskins in Week 3.
Is it sustainable?
Eventually, the Bears will have to become more consistent on offense. And eventually, they'll have to get a hell of a lot more from third-year franchise quarterback Mitchell Trubisky.
The Bears did at least generate 31 points against the Redskins after scoring just one touchdown in the first two weeks of the season, but seven of those points came on a pick-six, and 17 more came off Washington turnovers. That included a touchdown drive in which they totaled just four yards of offense after recovering a fumble in the red zone.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2855...l-trubisky

That is the 84 million dollar question. See what I did there? It is going to be a big test for this team how they do against the Bears. That defense is legit and this is a division rival so they will be amped up. The game plan better be on point for this one.

This week will tell us if were playoff bound or just another 8-8 season. We dont necicarily have to win but we need a good showing. 

I said as much after Week 1 too actually-- How long can the Bears D carry their offense. Going off our own history of having great defenses and sub-par offenses, my money is on about Week 10. After that it's just too much burden to "bear" for one side of the ball.
But I'd be fine if they gassed out at Week 3 so that we can roll em :p

As much as I hate to say it they will carry him throughout the season.  That is what the Bears do and have always done.  I have said it for years that you can't keep depending on a pick 6 or the most opportune turnovers week after week but yet the Nears somehow survive on just that.

well they've been doing it for 2 years now, so why expect them to stop anytime soon?

Last year the Bears won ugly and got the bounces.  This year looks to be shaping up to be the same.  Playing sound football should be enough to beat them.  The Packers barely did that the Broncos and Redskins did not.  

Quote: @mjollnir_k said:
Last year the Bears won ugly and got the bounces.  This year looks to be shaping up to be the same.  Playing sound football should be enough to beat them.  The Packers barely did that the Broncos and Redskins did not.  
That is what I am thinking.  Take care of the football, pound the rock and play solid D.  Gee, sounds like Zimmer football.

How long can the Bears D carry Trubisky?hopefully ‘til Sunday at 3:25 pm Wink B)

Last year at Chicago, the Vikings defense did not show up until the 3rd quarter and the bears barely beat the Vikings 25-20.
Both teams defenses are similar in talent last year to this year. The bears offense has not improved at all since week 11 last year, The Vikings have Cook back and have added Smith Jr. and Bradbury among others. The bears D will not carry Trubisky this Sunday!