Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This just in
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
The Vikings are really good. 
Yeah it seems so today! Settle down, next week is gonna be different. We don't cruise to an ez win. WTF?

Quote: @TBro said:
Elflein is still a major concern which is why I can't believe they let Jones go. 
The Minnesota Vikings will re-sign Canadian offensive lineman Brett Jones, according to Rod Pedersen.

Jones had made the 53-man roster following training camp, but following the signing of receiver Josh Doctson Minnesota released him.

The Vikings acquired the former Calgary Stampeder offensive lineman in a trade during August 2018 with the New York Giants in exchange for a 2019 NFL draft pick.

Jones started three games at centre and suited up in 14 contests last season for the Vikings. He had signed a one-year extension in April, which included $100,00 to sign, but that’s all the money Jones gets from the deal.

The 6-foot-2, 312-pound Jones started 13 games for the Giants in 2017. His first career NFL start actually came at left guard in 2016. Jones has earned over $4 million dollars through four NFL seasons, starting 17 of 44 active games.

The 28-year-old Jones originally signed with the Giants in 2015 after winning the Most Outstanding Rookie and Most Outstanding Lineman awards in successive CFL campaigns (2013 and 2014).

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@TBro said:
Elflein is still a major concern which is why I can't believe they let Jones go. 
The Minnesota Vikings will re-sign Canadian offensive lineman Brett Jones, according to Rod Pedersen.

Jones had made the 53-man roster following training camp, but following the signing of receiver Josh Doctson Minnesota released him.

The Vikings acquired the former Calgary Stampeder offensive lineman in a trade during August 2018 with the New York Giants in exchange for a 2019 NFL draft pick.

Jones started three games at centre and suited up in 14 contests last season for the Vikings. He had signed a one-year extension in April, which included $100,00 to sign, but that’s all the money Jones gets from the deal.

The 6-foot-2, 312-pound Jones started 13 games for the Giants in 2017. His first career NFL start actually came at left guard in 2016. Jones has earned over $4 million dollars through four NFL seasons, starting 17 of 44 active games.

The 28-year-old Jones originally signed with the Giants in 2015 after winning the Most Outstanding Rookie and Most Outstanding Lineman awards in successive CFL campaigns (2013 and 2014).

Glad he is back, but I'm not happy they let Dillon go. I hope they can get him to the practice squad, but it sounds like he will have options. Why in the World are we giving Abdullah a spot on this roster when we have Boone behind Mattison and Cook is baffling to me. Dillon has great upside with Rudolph aging. 

Really good? We shall see. If they put it to the Packers like they did the Falcons, I may start to think so. But they will have to also beat the Bears before I am convinced. Good start, but that's it so far.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
Really good? We shall see. If they put it to the Packers like they did the Falcons, I may start to think so. But they will have to also beat the Bears before I am convinced. Good start, but that's it so far.
Wait...this guys thinks so too...

https://www.vikings.com/video/schrager-vikings-are-sleeping-giants-of-the-nfc

I would just caution its one game. Sunday night we might be all boo-hooing if they shit the bed in Green Bay. But one game played and one game won.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I would just caution its one game. Sunday night we might be all boo-hooing if they shit the bed in Green Bay. But one game played and one game won.
Wait....so you're saying there is more football to be played? I don't buy it. 

@StickyBun said:
Well, to call the Vikings 'really good' already might be a bit premature. That's all I'm saying. They WERE really good last Sunday. But I've seen REALLY GOOD many times only to be followed at some point by REALLY DISAPPOINTING. Every time. But I digress.....

@jargomcfargo said:
Wait...this guys thinks so too...

https://www.vikings.com/video/schrager-vikings-are-sleeping-giants-of-the-nfc
That guy? Yeah the guy that was all in on the Vikings going to the superbowl last year!
Oh well, I guess it's good to have a national sports reporter, besides Florio, who likes the Vikes.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
Well, to call the Vikings 'really good' already might be a bit premature. That's all I'm saying. They WERE really good last Sunday. But I've seen REALLY GOOD many times only to be followed at some point by REALLY DISAPPOINTING. Every time. But I digress.....
This.
That game was one that makes it really hard to judge the team.  It got away from Atlanta so fast, that it really is hard to say if we were even really good or just made some really good plays that swung the game early.  Defense got after the QB, we had some nice runs, Cousins made a handful (ok 8) nice throws and our special teams made a huge play. 

The good news, we stepped on their throat and didn't let off until the scrubs were playing in the 4th quarter.