Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super diva WR Brown gets suspended...or not. He's playing on MNF
I would pay for that pay per view.  Brown is in his prime,  but is likely a pussy,  Mayock is getting up there,  but as a former defensive player he can deliver and take pain...let's make it happen,  wheres don king when you need him?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I would pay for that pay per view.  Brown is in his prime,  but is likely a pussy,  Mayock is getting up there,  but as a former defensive player he can deliver and take pain...let's make it happen,  wheres don king when you need him?
Mayock would get his ass kicked, he's 61 years old and has leaned out the last year or so. Brown is 30 years his junior and a current NFL athlete.

If he loses his guarantees, the Raiders could cut him and all it would have cost the Raiders is whatever they have paid him so far ($1M?) and the pick they gave up in the trade.  That's not terrible.  Trading Mack was much worse.  I assume there is an appeal in the works as soon as the suspension hits or as soon as the Raiders try to void the guaranteed money.

If they release him there is 0 cap hit for them,  so all they lose is that 3rd round pick.  Was worth it if he had not been such a diva and just played football.   I don't think he wanted to go to the Raiders and that is why he is doing this.  He gets released and would probably try to go to NE to stick it to the Steelers in the playoffs. 

So where did all this money sit?  $50M is alot of greenbacks.  Did it sit in escrow somewhere waiting for the season to start?  Did it get deposited in Brown's account and they now need to go after it?  This is awesome.  I only wished it had happened to the Packers. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
So where did all this money sit?  $50M is alot of greenbacks.  Did it sit in escrow somewhere waiting for the season to start?  Did it get deposited in Brown's account and they now need to go after it?  This is awesome.  I only wished it had happened to the Packers. 
Hopefully he hasn't seen a dime yet...he's a moron 

I think by rule the Raiders have to put the guaranteed money in escrow.  I also think the guarantees in this case were about $30M split evenly as salary between this year and next.  So he would get about $1M per game. But if he is cut and all his guarantees have voided, then they do not have to pay him anything.    

Quote: @dadevike said:
I think by rule the Raiders have to put the guaranteed money in escrow.  I also think the guarantees in this case were about $30M split evenly as salary between this year and next.  So he would get about $1M per game. But if he is cut and all his guarantees have voided, then they do not have to pay him anything.    
Correct, and they can also go after his 1 million dollar signing bonus. They should give this guy a tv show. He gets more air time than a bird.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Stomp on his frostbitten tootsies and then a knee to the face.  All over.

Quote: @dadevike said:
With our luck he'd end-up in the NFC North...

:p