Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So will O'Neill start in the regular season opener?
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I can see Hill taking the extra roster spot (Holton Hill) until ONeill returns and then being one of the first to get cut if somebody better comes along.  He just looks to slow and unsure of himself in this offense.  I dont see them keeping him around if all he can do well is back up LT.
#shudder

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I'm guessing not since he's been out so long? Not great. Hill is so damn inconsistent. 
O'Neill should be ready to go week 1. Hill on the other hand has to be on the roster bubble (more likely trade fodder). Maybe that is a surprise, but I'm not convinced Udoh makes it through waivers and moving on from Hill saves $2M against the cap. I would imagine there will be multiple players who are cut due to cost controllability (keeping guys with term vs. upcoming FA's). Its the right move to make if the talent is close and you're in cap hell. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@StickyBun said:
I'm guessing not since he's been out so long? Not great. Hill is so damn inconsistent. 
O'Neill should be ready to go week 1. Hill on the other hand has to be on the roster bubble (more likely trade fodder). Maybe that is a surprise, but I'm not convinced Udoh makes it through waivers and moving on from Hill saves $2M against the cap. I would imagine there will be multiple players who are cut due to cost controllability (keeping guys with term vs. upcoming FA's). Its the right move to make if the talent is close and you're in cap hell. 
I hope you are right about O'Neill....but how can a raw guy like Udoh from Elon (yikes) be ready to play yet? You may be right, he might not make it thru waivers....but a roster spot? I won't say it won't happen, but I think its doubtful. If it does happen, then Udoh has even more upside than I thought and I say that liking the kid. 

we know we have in Hill. Who knows with Udoh, but everyone likes what they see

Hopefully the OL Depth Chart for Game 1
Reiff, Oneill, Dozier, Udoh
Elf, Klein, Collins, Jones 
Bradburry

Dozier and Collins provide flex for G and T, Jones and Elf for G and C

I like Danny I but Im not sure we keep 10 (especially if we keep Blasingame and Conklin)

Quote: @Skodin said:

Bradburry

I like Danny I but Im not sure we keep 10 (especially if we keep Blasingame and Conklin)
I would keep Samia over Brett Jones.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@StickyBun said:
I think what happened with Gossett might prevent exposing Udoh? Gossett had his believers, but he was a mostly under-the-radar player when we took him in the 6th round. No so Udoh, who had exposure at both the Shrine game and the Senior Bowl. 

I get the sense that the Vikings have really improved their late-round and UDFA scouting--see Kearse, Harris, Bisi, Weatherly, vowels. Zylstra, Boone, among others. But it does us no good if we keep losing high-upside developmental players at our biggest area of need.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Skodin said:

Bradburry

and at this point I would IR Collins and keep Jones.  Is Collins even back to practice yet?

good point on collins, IR him and keep Samia

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Skodin said:

Bradburry

Oh for sure and its not even close imo

Quote: @Canthony said:
@Wetlander said:
@Skodin said:

Bradburry

Oh for sure and its not even close imo
Brett Jones is likely our back up Center, no?  I dont like the idea of kicking Elf back to C and bringing in a OG if something happens to GB.