Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So will O'Neill start in the regular season opener?
I'm guessing not since he's been out so long? Not great. Hill is so damn inconsistent. 

Has he even been practicing?

If not, it could be longer than game 1 before he sees extended play.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Has he even been practicing?

If not, it could be longer than game 1 before he sees extended play.
Yep. Scary thought.

worried about his elbow

Seems like the Vikings have about one guy each year who is "progressing well" and "should be back soon" that ends up missing like half the season or more. Sharif Floyd comes to mind and there have been others. I hope this isn't the case with O'Neill.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
Seems like the Vikings have about one guy each year who is "progressing well" and "should be back soon" that ends up missing like half the season or more. Sharif Floyd comes to mind and there have been others. I hope this isn't the case with O'Neill.
Huh, maybe thats what happened to Tredwell.  He just missed his career.

Is it just me or has Hill looked about the worst he ever has so far in the preseason?

I know adjusting to a new scheme and coaches takes time but several guys have already shown progression under the new regime while Rashod seems to be going backwards.

Sure hope there's a Plan C if O'Neill can't play.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
Is it just me or has Hill looked about the worst he ever has so far in the preseason?

I know adjusting to a new scheme and coaches takes time but several guys have already shown progression under the new regime while Rashod seems to be going backwards.

I dont think Hill has ever looked even adequate on the right side.  I know people always talk about move a guy here and there,  or from left to right,  but some just cant flip and play at a high level.  He looks best on the left side which really limits his value to the team IMO since he isnt starter material.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:

Its not just you. In my 53 i have Norton, Dozier and Udoh ahead of him

I can see Hill taking the extra roster spot (Holton Hill) until ONeill returns and then being one of the first to get cut if somebody better comes along.  He just looks to slow and unsure of himself in this offense.  I dont see them keeping him around if all he can do well is back up LT.