Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So yeah
Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Wanna have a good time again???

That's just cruel, pf.  No way do I watch that vid.
Punch in the gut still, ain't it? 

Will be 21 years this January...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Yes.  I'm probably just shy of being diagnosed with PTSD each time I hear the name "Gary Anderson".

Why the hell would I ever watch that kick again?

@"HappyViking" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0c17edmKEU

so the reason we drink will be old enough to drink...

WHY? ^^^^^

I guess I never really understood the move in the first place. Prior to the trade I heard nothing about Bailey - for our kicking issues over the recent years, that's a good thing, right? Well, after the trade it starts coming out that Bailey has been rough or inconsistent; generally, not having a good preseason.

We gave up a premium that forces a switch. If Bailey was flat out terrible, sure, take a bite. But why get cute trying to save cap space at a position that has fucked the entire squad over and over and over again? How do you eliminate competition at that position when it's been like that?

High draft picks (relatively) on kickers. 
Trading (relatively) high picks for kickers. It's sad how serious we can appear trying to "solve the problem" when we jettison the veteran who "solved" the same problem we just jumped back in to...

Getting to Bailey from Walsh was a long term daily struggle for most of us. This move feels like nothing was learned. We can't even really sit back and take blind  solstice like "he must be really good for a 5th round pick" because we're still recovering from the prior burns.

----

tl;dr version: Why'd we switch in the first place?! Make the friggen kick, bro. Welcome to Minnesota.

It's not the fans, it's Zimmer's intolerance of misses by kickers Spielman spends draft capital on. I guess I would like to see our next kicker be an undrafted free agent!

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
It's not the fans, it's Zimmer's intolerance of misses by kickers Spielman spends draft capital on. I guess I would like to see our next kicker be an undrafted free agent!
I am over zimmer as a coach. Hoping he changes my mind but I am over him. I think he wrecks our kickers and he hasn't done anything in terms of winning anything of value. He's a less impressive Denny Green.

Woah ^^^^

or a more impressive Les Steckel?

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
 I think he wrecks our kickers and he hasn't done anything in terms of winning anything of value. He's a less impressive Denny Green.
Maybe a mirror image Denny.  Denny was an offensive whiz who let the D go to hell.  Zimmer acts like the O is just there not to screw things up for his D.