Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treadwell on the trading block
Nobody, IMO, is going to trade for him. I expect he'll be released soon because they've got other young guys they want to see get more reps. And it will be better for him catching on with another team. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Nobody, IMO, is going to trade for him. I expect he'll be released soon because they've got other young guys they want to see get more reps. And it will be better for him catching on with another team. 
Final cuts don't happen until after the 4th preseason game now...  the Vikings can keep him on the 90-man roster until then.  At this point, we have plenty of young WRs in camp to compete for the couple spots behind Diggs and Thielen.  The Vikings might get a taker...  there are some teams out there that have a need at WR and there are plenty of teams that think they can rehabilitate former 1st-round busts.

Vikings are on the hook for $1.15 million if they cut him. They will try to trade him. I will be surprised if they find a trade partner.

I think they would like to move him,  but at the same time they would like to see some of those other young guys make a leap over him first.  Bisi and Beebs have certainly done it,  but there has been nothing else to really say that we have a 5th WR in the mix already.  Nobody has really challenged for the spot including Treadwell.  IMO ST is going to get the 5th WR spot decided,  not their offensive production unless somebody really starts balling out.  3 games to go so plenty of time.