Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've grown so numb to the NFL preseason hype
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
I actually find the hyperbole over these young guys with little chance fun. They worked their asses off playing from a young age through high school and college just for nothing more then this chance. 
Feel free to tell me how poor he grew up or how he nearly died. Tell me any fluff or tragic story that comes to mind. It may be the only reward some kids get for tearing up their bodys for 10 years just to get here.

Ps: yes it could be shorter. However just because these games mean nothing, especially to the vets. They mean something to these young guys.
You'll like this:

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/the-improbable-story-of-how-little-known-wr-damon-sheehy-guiseppi-landed-a-tryou?utm_source=Direct
Yep.
I read about him already. That is a great story. Glad for him. His dream is still alive.
Good luck.

I really did try to watch the Cardinal - Charger game last night.  But I just couldn't take any more of the home-team broadcast team GUSHING over every 7 yard out that Kyler Murray connected on: "That was the greatest pass that any QB has ever thrown and proves that he will be a sure-fire first-ballot hall of famer!!!"

(My own hyperbolic quote isn't much worse than what was actually said)

So I turned the game off and watched the Twins' pitchers thrown another one away, instead.

The fans that actually go to a preseason game live astound me. Its such garbage football that means nothing. Unwatchable at the stadium. 

A guy who sits near me at work went to the Puker/Texans game.  Evidently, it was a "great" game....

[Image: 1ZHv.gif]

By the way it sounds, you can skip the game and occupy your time keeping the neighbor kids off your lawn. Wink  

The fans that actually go to a preseason game live astound me. Its such garbage football that means nothing. Unwatchable at the stadium. 
I went with my family when the Vikings played in TN several years back.  We were able to pay very little for tickets.  Sit front row after the first quarter.  Give my girls a game time experience when they were to young to spend $100s on tickets and leave mid 3rd quarter when they got tired.  They also got to wave with the cheerleaders.  Kids had a great time.  I'd do it again if they came here for preseason. 

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
By the way it sounds, you can skip the game and occupy your time keeping the neighbor kids off your lawn. Wink  
No shit!!!  Guys/Gals this is Viking football and it doesn't even matter if we look terrible and lose.  Some of yall would bitch if they hung you with a new rope.  Enjoy the season.

As a season tix holder, its painful as hell to have to pay hundreds for 2 pre-season games. 

I give em to either my neighbors to take the kids or to my other season tix partners so their kids can go. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
As a season tix holder, its painful as hell to have to pay hundreds for 2 pre-season games. 

I give em to either my neighbors to take the kids or to my other season tix partners so their kids can go. 

This is understandable. That's a good reason to not like pre season.

Just a reminder that about five years ago some guy named Adam needed all of two full camps and eight preseason games to prove his worth. The hype is too much and they need to stop marketing it to the public, but through the right lens it is thoroughly enjoyable.