Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've grown so numb to the NFL preseason hype
Its so meaningless and the hyperbole is off the chart. The media just goes so nuts. Its the first preseason game and judgments are being made already about rookie careers. Wash, rinse and repeat year after year.

I just received my "Grumpy Old Man' certificate in the mail, so I'm a professional now. 

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fda...ricted.jpg]

Definitely GOM effect...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Definitely GOM effect...
Yep. Fully recognized by me. Yet, in typical GOM mode, I bore and annoy others with the negativity despite the awareness.  :p

No way...
My low T is up. Not grumpy today. I'm ready erase that last poor performance. 
New year cats.
[Image: 40qxsfohug2n.png]

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Its so meaningless and the hyperbole is off the chart. The media just goes so nuts. Its the first preseason game and judgments are being made already about rookie careers. Wash, rinse and repeat year after year.

I just received my "Grumpy Old Man' certificate in the mail, so I'm a professional now. 

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fda...ricted.jpg]

Is there a sign-up roster for this somewhere?  And what are the requirements?  I probably can double up on that...Is there an Arizona chapter? 

I actually find the hyperbole over these young guys with little chance fun. They worked their asses off playing from a young age through high school and college just for nothing more then this chance. 
Feel free to tell me how poor he grew up or how he nearly died. Tell me any fluff or tragic story that comes to mind. It may be the only reward some kids get for tearing up their bodys for 10 years just to get here.

Ps: yes it could be shorter. However just because these games mean nothing, especially to the vets. They mean something to these young guys.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
I actually find the hyperbole over these young guys with little chance fun. They worked their asses off playing from a young age through high school and college just for nothing more then this chance. 
Feel free to tell me how poor he grew up or how he nearly died. Tell me any fluff or tragic story that comes to mind. It may be the only reward some kids get for tearing up their bodys for 10 years just to get here.

Ps: yes it could be shorter. However just because these games mean nothing, especially to the vets. They mean something to these young guys.
You'll like this:

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/the-improbable-story-of-how-little-known-wr-damon-sheehy-guiseppi-landed-a-tryou?utm_source=Direct

Wish they would just scrap starters in preseason games all together.  Certainly for the most of the time.  Once you feel you're ready to go with starters let the 2nd and 3rd stringers fight it out.  Maybe allow for a farm team? 

I'd be all about a small farm team that maybe you get to delegate 1/2 the player to with a afc/nfc team combination?

Either way, I'm ready to watch some Viking football.