Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tim Yotter Leaving Viking Gig After 25 Years... UPDATED: 247 SCREWING THEIR CUSTOMERS
Quote: @"NorthernCalVike" said:
My first introduction to a Vikings Website was Viking Underground by the founder, Dan Hildreth. It was the best thing ever - being that I lived in California and could NEVER get good Vikings news. I remember when Dan said he was stopping his website I was so bummed. But then came VikingUpdate.com which led me to PT's and then here when vikefans.com started up. 

That would be my story too...Started off with the Viking Underground. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"NorthernCalVike" said:
My first introduction to a Vikings Website was Viking Underground by the founder, Dan Hildreth. It was the best thing ever - being that I lived in California and could NEVER get good Vikings news. I remember when Dan said he was stopping his website I was so bummed. But then came VikingUpdate.com which led me to PT's and then here when vikefans.com started up. 

That would be my story too...Started off with the Viking Underground. 
Yup, started on the old email list server.  So many have been addicts for a long time.

Guys - there is little money in the gig to cover sports unless you are Tony Romo, Troy Aikman or Joe Buck.  Tim left because he could not adequately support his family on so little money

Quote: @"Tom Moore" said:
Guys - there is little money in the gig to cover sports unless you are Tony Romo, Troy Aikman or Joe Buck.  Tim left because he could not adequately support his family on so little money
Especially today when there are SO many outlets for sports info online that are free. I wish him the best in his new endeavors whatever that may be.

I think Yotter is going to work for Best Buy next. Wish him and family the best

Quote: @"Tom Moore" said:
but for a guy like you where money is no object.....  B)

sounds like there is more going on than just Yotter taking a "better" job.   Its sounding more like 24/7 sports is going away and their boards and beat writers are doing the same.  The packers and cowboys boards are already seeing changes,   since we most all came from PT to begin with I thought this would be interesting to share since this is likely the end of that board.

EDIT:  I added this bit to the thread title,  I didnt want to start a whole new thread on this but thought it was worth sharing.  I hope thats ok.

Gonna need a bigger boat?

I think many will follow Proud to here:

http://vikingsarmageddon.freeforums.net/...armageddon

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:

EDIT:  I added this bit to the thread title,  I didnt want to start a whole new thread on this but thought it was worth sharing.  I hope thats ok.
It’s ok, not the first time updates have been done...!  Wink B)  

[Image: 47z71iv4dp2h.jpeg]