Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tim Yotter Leaving Viking Gig After 25 Years... UPDATED: 247 SCREWING THEIR CUSTOMERS
Good Luck Tim, enjoyed your writing for years!
Sunday slant finale: 25 years and doneI wasn’t sure I would ever have a working day in my life that didn’t involve the Minnesota Vikings, but that time has come. After 25 years of covering the Vikings in various capacities, from editor of the print version of Viking Update for 10-plus years to the various online musings, that time has come.

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Sunday-slant-finale-25-years-and-done-133984956/

SIGN HIM NOW!

so does Tom have to change his sign off after his interviews?

My first introduction to a Vikings Website was Viking Underground by the founder, Dan Hildreth. It was the best thing ever - being that I lived in California and could NEVER get good Vikings news. I remember when Dan said he was stopping his website I was so bummed. But then came VikingUpdate.com which led me to PT's and then here when vikefans.com started up. 

Quote: @"NorthernCalVike" said:
My first introduction to a Vikings Website was Viking Underground by the founder, Dan Hildreth. It was the best thing ever - being that I lived in California and could NEVER get good Vikings news. I remember when Dan said he was stopping his website I was so bummed. But then came VikingUpdate.com which led me to PT's and then here when vikefans.com started up. 
Agreed.  VU was my introduction to the world of Vikings fans online.  The good ol' days...

I used to get the print version of Viking Update. It was a week behind but I loved it anyway. I still remember opening the mailbox and seeing it in there. Good ol' days.

Quote: @"SouthCarolinaViking" said:
I used to get the print version of Viking Update. It was a week behind but I loved it anyway. I still remember opening the mailbox and seeing it in there. Good ol' days.
Me too. I actually had a letter printed in one of the issues when NT Charlie Johnson signed with Minnesota from the Eagles. 

I was a game day photographer for the print edition for almost ten years in the 90's for Tim and Viking Update. I still remember talking with Lurtz and Tim on the phone about that weeks game that I was shooting and how much fun it was to see the photos I took turn into front cover and posters in the Viking Update newspaper. His insights will be missed. He's a good guy and very knowledgeable about the Vikes and the NFL. We will miss him!
Brian E. Johnson

Quote: @"SouthCarolinaViking" said:
Ohh those days before....
Moved out of Minnesota in the late 80's. I used to get both the Update and Sunday Mpls Star/Trib mailed to me. Just for more Vikings news then you could get from the little one paragraph segment in the around the NFL section of the USA Today.
Something to look at in between waiting for the crawl at the bottom of ESPN to come back around. You really had to work for it then...lol
I would have walked 5 miles up hill both ways for my Update dagnabbit...

Quote: @"NorthernCalVike" said:
Yeah getting what seemed like a ton of e-mails on my Prodigy account.  Kinda miss the anticipation of news, while listening to the modem burst when the connection went through on that dial-up account.  It was a Pavlovian response to that sound.   I was MajTom in those days, my Pete Shelly/David Bowie period of internet persona.