Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's racism no longer in question
Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@purplefaithful said:
My thinking about this era is evolving...More disturbing to me than The Cheetoh is actually the # of people that voted for him and will vote Red again.

Much as I'd like a viable, 3rd party candidate, The Blue party better get it right this time..I told my wife that nominating Hilda Beast pretty much handed the White House to The Donald.
What is sickening is watching fellow Republicans stay silent, and just roll with it.  

How on Earth do decent people, some even educated, continue to NOT speak up and say "this is wrong, America is better than this?

He is everything wrong with our country, a blaring neon sign of our loss of humanity and compassion, and his cult cheers it on.  Reading comments on Facebook there are legions of Trump humpers declaring what he said isn't racist, it's just "nationalism". 

The only thing worse than Trump's blatant repeated racism are his enablers from the GOP party too afraid to speak up for fear of losing votes, and his brainwashed cult defending and cheering his racism.
I'm more disappointed than anything...They're too scared (and scarred) with the election next fall.  

Righties are delighted at the brashness, the message and lib reactions too. We'll see if any of this comes back to bite Trump in the asz in 2020 or not.

I think he makes for great TV, not policy and vision for a nation who's role is as important as USA.

I missed the part of that comment that was racist.   Is telling somebody you disagree with to go home a racist statement?  Is the congress person in question not from a country that is doing poorly?  was that the racists part of the comment?  I dont want to be labeled racist so somebody please explain it to me.

Quote: @KingBash said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
My thinking about this era is evolving...More disturbing to me than The Cheetoh is actually the # of people that voted for him and will vote Red again.

Much as I'd like a viable, 3rd party candidate, The Blue party better get it right this time..I told my wife that nominating Hilda Beast pretty much handed the White House to The Donald.
I can't believe 60 people were swindled into voting for this conman, let alone 60M. That will be studied for centuries. I keep coming back to video where Trump tells us 24 things "nobody" does better than him. "Nobody loves the Bible more than I do." 

If a potential candidate came into my office and told me that "nobody" was a better designer than him, I would probably ask how he got past HR before showing him the door. All of us would. If a Viking coaching candidate told the public that "nobody knows offenses the way I do," every single one of us would think he was full of shit. And yet 60 million people decided this was the kind of person they wanted leading their country. 

It doesn't matter who the dems nominate (hoping for Buttigieg), that person will become the target of every Russian-borne Facebook meme, odious internet conspiracy theory and flat out false Fox smear just like Hillary was.

We'll see if the country falls for it again. 

They will.

There's a reason I've gotten so nasty on this board. These people need to be shouted down and spit on at this point. No more, "Well, look at it from their point of view." Enough is enough. Their point of view is wrong, and they need to be told that repeatedly.
spit on... really?   you are a  piece of work.    I think you agreed to a certain level of respect and civility when you wanted access to this board.  making reference to shouting down and spitting on those of an opposing view point hardly shows either.

It shouldn't have been in question. But there will continue to be people that will try to justify, rationalize, minimize and excuse him.

They can't give up on getting that camel to go through the eye of the needle thing.  Push a little harder, it'll work.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I missed the part of that comment that was racist.   Is telling somebody you disagree with to go home a racist statement?  Is the congress person in question not from a country that is doing poorly?  was that the racists part of the comment?  I dont want to be labeled racist so somebody please explain it to me.

Lumping women of color together like that, with that message? Just reeks of bad s hit from my perch.

That said, I think Omar and Trump deserve each other  :p

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Lumping women of color together like that, with that message? Just reeks of bad s hit from my perch.

That said, I think Omar and Trump deserve each other  :p
I see now that 3 of the 4 were from the US,  but omar certainly is worthy of the comment,  and IMO it wouldnt be racist to say so.  if she is so unhappy with the US and how it is here,  she should head back to Somalia and fix that shit instead of trying to turn the US into something that isnt wanted by most.

This is gonna be the latest in his book of true dumbassery, and I expect it'll be the focus of the news for the next 1-2 weeks.

So, watch for legislation being quietly introduced while all the noise is elsewhere....

Quote: @Zanary said:
This is gonna be the latest in his book of true dumbassery, and I expect it'll be the focus of the news for the next 1-2 weeks.

So, watch for legislation being quietly introduced while all the noise is elsewhere....
and the continued circle jerk here until camp opens.
I am with Jimmy.  Trump sez many stupid things, but I missed this being the definitive end all proof of racism.  Unless that proof is just that the media tells you so.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Zanary said:

and the continued circle jerk here until camp opens.
I am with Jimmy.  Trump sez many stupid things, but I missed this being the definitive end all proof of racism.  Unless that proof is just that the media tells you so.
I look at it this way,  would it be racist if a white American was over in these foreign countries, stirring up shit about how the country is run, and was told to go home if they wanted to change the country?  no, it likely has happened plenty with missionarys and other American people around the word doing shit that isnt appreciated by local authorities.

Would it be racist if Trump were a black woman and said it?