Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: I can't even imagine.....
Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I dont know the grandfather,  but if he is any kind of man at all he is already doing worse to himself than the law could ever do.

It was stupid, reckless,  and many other things,  but I am sure it was not criminal,  even if there was drink involved (which I have to suspect)  I doubt there was any bad intent.  Just insanely stupid gone horribly wrong.
And let us be mindful and thankful our stupid actions have not caused similar harm.  I find it funny how easy it is to comment on the internet about how stupid this man is (rightfully so) but ignore our similar actions.  Whether inebriated, youthful, aging or distracted, we often put others lives at risk in many ways.  And to say we would put an end to his life if we were there?  That makes the most sense of all..

So I for one won't condemn him.  I feel for him.  A stupid decision and as Jimmy sez, his own conscience is probably worse than any legal justice. 
This has nothing to do with anything other than the story as is. Don't want to condemn him? Good for you. Its a STUPID move and unbelievably irresponsible. It's condemnable if its as reported. 

Quote: @ThunderGod said:

MIAMI, Florida -- An attorney for the family of a 1-year-old girl from Indiana who died in a fall on a cruise ship in Puerto Rico says the child fell through an open window which her grandfather mistook for a glass wall.
https://abc7chicago.com/ind-toddler-fell...p/5385581/
Yes, always great when the lawyers yet involved. Such great human beings. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:

@ThunderGod said:

MIAMI, Florida -- An attorney for the family of a 1-year-old girl from Indiana who died in a fall on a cruise ship in Puerto Rico says the child fell through an open window which her grandfather mistook for a glass wall.
https://abc7chicago.com/ind-toddler-fell...p/5385581/
Yes, always great when the lawyers yet involved. Such great human beings. 
well you know that that lawyers somewhere are preparing or at the least contemplating charges for the grandfather or even the parents,   as much as we dont like lawyers,  they have a time and a place and when the opposing people are represented by one its best to have one yourself.... even the epic-ally stupid.

Well, if this new information is true, imo it casts a potentially very different light on this. The blame has to reside somewhere and it may be ruled the grandfather didn't use good judgement. I don't know if the cruise line will be found responsible or not.

Unfortunately nothing will bring back a toddler who's life is cut tragically short. Such a sad story. 

https://www.today.com/video/toddler-fall...3522373598

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Well, if this new information is true, imo it casts a potentially very different light on this. The blame has to reside somewhere, hopefully the truth comes out - but it won't bring back a toddler who's life is cut tragically short. 

Such a sad story. 

Its a big story down here in SoFlo but regardless....the grandfather shouldn't have done what he did either way. Even if he didn't 'dangle' the baby as originally reported. Reckless. He had to be sedated afterwards he was so upset. 

@purplefaithful said:
Well, if this new information is true, imo it casts a potentially very different light on this. The blame has to reside somewhere, hopefully the truth comes out - but it won't bring back a toddler who's life is cut tragically short. 

Such a sad story. 

Its a big story down here in SoFlo but regardless....the grandfather shouldn't have done what he did either way. Even if he didn't 'dangle' the baby as originally reported. Reckless. He had to be sedated afterwards he was so upset. 
Yah I edited my post before yours to reflect a less harsh sentiment. It may very well be ruled reckless by the grandfather and it probably was. Just not as egregious as dangling the kid out a window, and the cruise line will evolve protocol after this. Especially on the older ships like this one. 

Lawyers will absolutely pick at the "gray areas" we all see a lawsuit coming. 

@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I dont know the grandfather,  but if he is any kind of man at all he is already doing worse to himself than the law could ever do.

It was stupid, reckless,  and many other things,  but I am sure it was not criminal,  even if there was drink involved (which I have to suspect)  I doubt there was any bad intent.  Just insanely stupid gone horribly wrong.
And let us be mindful and thankful our stupid actions have not caused similar harm.  I find it funny how easy it is to comment on the internet about how stupid this man is (rightfully so) but ignore our similar actions.  Whether inebriated, youthful, aging or distracted, we often put others lives at risk in many ways.  And to say we would put an end to his life if we were there?  That makes the most sense of all..

So I for one won't condemn him.  I feel for him.  A stupid decision and as Jimmy sez, his own conscience is probably worse than any legal justice. 
This has nothing to do with anything other than the story as is. Don't want to condemn him? Good for you. Its a STUPID move and unbelievably irresponsible. It's condemnable if its as reported. 
In case you missed it, I said it was a stupid act (looks like it isn't quite as sensational as initially reported).  My point you seemed to miss was that it is easy to talk a good game on the internet while ignoring our own stupid actions. 

I wasn't targeting your comments, just sharing what I find disturbing.  Especially the "end his life" line of thinking.

You just can't undo stupid.  Unbelievably sad.

The parents of a toddler who died after falling from a Royal Caribbean cruise ship blame the company

But Kimberly Wiegand says she blames the cruise company and wants them held accountable in court, adding "this cannot happen to another family."
"There are a million things that could have been done to make that safer," she said this week. "I never want another mother to have to experience this or to see what I had to see."
No matter the reason, she said those windows should not have been open. 
"Come up with some other mechanism to make guests comfortable, rather than creating a tremendous safety hazard that cost our child her life."
In a statement, Royal Caribbean Cruises said they were "deeply saddened by this incident, and our hearts go out to the family."
"We have assisted the authorities in San Juan with their inquiries, and they are the appropriate people to address further questions," the statement said. 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/23/us/parents-toddler-cruise-ship/index.html

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
The parents of a toddler who died after falling from a Royal Caribbean cruise ship blame the company

But Kimberly Wiegand says she blames the cruise company and wants them held accountable in court, adding "this cannot happen to another family."
"There are a million things that could have been done to make that safer," she said this week. "I never want another mother to have to experience this or to see what I had to see."
No matter the reason, she said those windows should not have been open. 
"Come up with some other mechanism to make guests comfortable, rather than creating a tremendous safety hazard that cost our child her life."
In a statement, Royal Caribbean Cruises said they were "deeply saddened by this incident, and our hearts go out to the family."
"We have assisted the authorities in San Juan with their inquiries, and they are the appropriate people to address further questions," the statement said. 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/23/us/parents-toddler-cruise-ship/index.html

somebody better get the shampoo bottles out of this ladies house ASAP!