Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: I can't even imagine.....
Unfathomable. This is the Mother's father. I would have to guess he'd be on suicide watch.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/toddler-...30198.html

Read about this yesterday, horrible tragedy. Why in the world would you do this? So unbelievably stupid and sad.
The toddler's maternal grandfather, identified as Salvatore Anello, was reportedly playfully dangling the child from one of the ship's port-side windows when he lost his grasp, sending the girl plummeting into an awning before she landed on the concrete dock below. 

Some people are truly idiots.

Not saying it was intentional, but at the VERY least reckless endangerment. If that were my child, that old man would be a dead man in short order. No excuses for that "accident" to have ever happened. NONE.

I saw that, too.  I just cant imagine what must've been going through his mind at the time.  Not that it would be a good idea at any age, but at 18 months a child is pretty big and squirrelly.  Just plain dumb.  Still, my heart breaks for him.  He made a terrible decision... the consequences for which he will now have to live with for the rest of his life.  

What the hell is wrong with some people?

Quote: @pumpf said:
I saw that, too.  I just cant imagine what must've been going through his mind at the time.  Not that it would be a good idea at any age, but at 18 months a child is pretty big and squirrelly.  Just plain dumb.   
Great point, pumpf.....I thought the same thing about the child's size. They are heftier at 18 months and fidgety as heck. 

Quote: @njvike said:
Some people are truly idiots.

Not saying it was intentional, but at the VERY least reckless endangerment. If that were my child, that old man would be a dead man in short order. No excuses for that "accident" to have ever happened. NONE.

He will probably be charged with involuntary manslaughter and if convicted, only get around 5 years.  Sad for something to happen to a child because of an adult's ignorance.

I dont know the grandfather,  but if he is any kind of man at all he is already doing worse to himself than the law could ever do.

It was stupid, reckless,  and many other things,  but I am sure it was not criminal,  even if there was drink involved (which I have to suspect)  I doubt there was any bad intent.  Just insanely stupid gone horribly wrong.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I dont know the grandfather,  but if he is any kind of man at all he is already doing worse to himself than the law could ever do.

It was stupid, reckless,  and many other things,  but I am sure it was not criminal,  even if there was drink involved (which I have to suspect)  I doubt there was any bad intent.  Just insanely stupid gone horribly wrong.
And let us be mindful and thankful our stupid actions have not caused similar harm.  I find it funny how easy it is to comment on the internet about how stupid this man is (rightfully so) but ignore our similar actions.  Whether inebriated, youthful, aging or distracted, we often put others lives at risk in many ways.  And to say we would put an end to his life if we were there?  That makes the most sense of all..

So I for one won't condemn him.  I feel for him.  A stupid decision and as Jimmy sez, his own conscience is probably worse than any legal justice. 

MIAMI, Florida -- An attorney for the family of a 1-year-old girl from Indiana who died in a fall on a cruise ship in Puerto Rico says the child fell through an open window which her grandfather mistook for a glass wall.
https://abc7chicago.com/ind-toddler-fell...p/5385581/