Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: This is pretty good stuff
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Its ridiculous. Anything to get better ratings. Its always interesting how people get SO worked up and scared over what they see on TV. 

So in the almost 7 years that I've been living in south Florida, the weather people have consciously and actively dialed down the hysteria for bad storms and hurricanes and their paths. They are way more relaxed and they know people lose their shit easily. As the weather guy said in the original post, its a 'corporate initiative'. Disgusting. What it will end up doing is de-sensitizing people as they'll just eventually see it as crying Wolf. 
Ive been saying this for years.  things like tornados that can kill is one thing,  but the hysteria created before every cold front hits these days is absurd.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
Its ridiculous. Anything to get better ratings. Its always interesting how people get SO worked up and scared over what they see on TV. 

So in the almost 7 years that I've been living in south Florida, the weather people have consciously and actively dialed down the hysteria for bad storms and hurricanes and their paths. They are way more relaxed and they know people lose their shit easily. As the weather guy said in the original post, its a 'corporate initiative'. Disgusting. What it will end up doing is de-sensitizing people as they'll just eventually see it as crying Wolf. 
Ive been saying this for years.  things like tornados that can kill is one thing,  but the hysteria created before every cold front hits these days is absurd.
You should see us when the nighttime temp drops to 40°. You wanna see some funny created hysteria. Then suddenly they're worried for the homeless. Northern homeless are much tougher I'd imagine. Oh and cover the plants. Please don't forget the plants.