Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: This is pretty good stuff
We call them weather terrorists in this part of the country...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/10/media/wea...index.html

One of my favorites !!!

Fake weather! Smile

Its ridiculous. Anything to get better ratings. Its always interesting how people get SO worked up and scared over what they see on TV. 

So in the almost 7 years that I've been living in south Florida, the weather people have consciously and actively dialed down the hysteria for bad storms and hurricanes and their paths. They are way more relaxed and they know people lose their shit easily. As the weather guy said in the original post, its a 'corporate initiative'. Disgusting. What it will end up doing is de-sensitizing people as they'll just eventually see it as crying Wolf. 

Weatherman who defied 'Code Red' alerts is out of a job
Now Crain is officially out of a job.
A spokesman for the station's parent, Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBGI), confirmed Wednesday night that "Joe was let go."The company declined to comment further to CNN Business.
But Crain's exit caps a week of controversy for the station and its parent company, which has repeatedly come under scrutiny for its editorial choices.
Crain's June 5 commentary about the station's "Code Red" warnings went viral — much to the dismay of Sinclair executives.
"We want you to know it's not us," Crain told viewers, blaming "corporate" for the frightening alerts.
Crain was noticeably absent from the station's airwaves after his monologue. Viewers and advertisers supported him en masse, with many expressing concern that he might lose his job. One week later, "people are still livid" in the community, a Sinclair source said on Wednesday.
WICS tried to assuage the concerns by dropping the "Code Red" branding and replacing it with "Weather Warn," the same jargon that other Sinclair stations use. The change was announced on Monday.Crain has declined to comment on his status, and he did not respond to a request for comment after Sinclair confirmed his departure on Wednesday evening.
But the writing was on the proverbial wall when Sinclair posted a job listing for a WICS morning meteorologist on Tuesday.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/13/media/joe...index.html

Another Favorite...

Or Anderson Cooper's most famous moment... Wink

[Image: CNN-florence-cooper-flood1.jpg]

I don't care.
I've been in Florida 32 years now. I've been through, around, close enough to feel only maybe 6. 
Hugo was the 1st 1989. It didn't touch us but the panic was there. So I thought big deal windy rainy couple days. Why the panic?
Then in 92 Andrew hit and the east and west coast of Florida caught a bunch of it. Then I got it real...
2004 was the worst.  Charley, Ivan and Jeanne. Charley brought alot of damage and 4 days without power and we were over 100 miles from landfall. Which by the way was supposed to be about a 100 miles farther north. Bullet dodged. I don't take any chances now. I get ready.

As for these fake news things. I look at it like this. What they are staging IS actually probably happening not so far away. They do ruin their credibility sadly.  However if it was my crew I wouldn't want them out in the middle of it for real.  What they are faking IS real somewhere close by likely and you better be ready. Remember the 1st responder crews have bosses that aren't sending their people into it either. After it starts is to late to call. Joke or no joke.

Sorry, Suncoast, this is FAKE NEWS at it's most pitiful. Believe me, paying some anchor-wannabe to stand in waste deep water to show just how terrible flooding can be is weak.  For folks who haven't lived through it there's the internet if they want to see devastation. Or interview people who've lost their homes or businesses if they want to demonstrate the tragedy of violent weather.  The MSM manipulation of the sheep-minded by staging their mummery is pathetic.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
Sorry, Suncoast, this is FAKE NEWS at it's most pitiful. Believe me, paying some anchor-wannabe to stand in waste deep water to show just how terrible flooding can be is weak.  For folks who haven't lived through it there's the internet if they want to see devastation. Or interview people who've lost their homes or businesses if they want to demonstrate the tragedy of violent weather.  The MSM manipulation of the sheep-minded by staging their mummery is pathetic.
Maybe I didn't make myself understood. I said I know it was fake. My point is people who want to claim they were desensitized by it into not being prepared is the cop out. They were dumb on all on their own. Maybe that's not what I came across as but that was the point I was trying to make. 
Or simpler yet. When it comes to matters of life or death prepare for the worse and pray for the best.  If all news is fake even the weather then all the more reason to think for yourself.
Or as a wise man once said. " you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"