Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Verdict reached in Kellen Winslow Jr. Trial
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:
There are 8 other counts the jury is deadlocked on. That will have to get resolved.

If you've read about this guy, he's straight up perverted and violent. Some of the stuff he's done, he really shouldn't be let out in society again because you know he'll re-offend. 
I still don't get how a jury can believe he would rape and did expose himself to others but just don't know if he took it any further in those other cases??? 

So if you've never been involved in jury duty, its easy to not understand it because only after I was chosen as a jury foreman did I get it. The charges each have specific parameters around what you consider as a juror for guilt, innocence and reasonable doubt. So you are locked into those parameters and that's the prism you use.  Juries also usually have a difficult time with the definition of reasonable doubt. And I'll say this: a group of your 'peers' is usually a disappointedly dumb crew. The whole process is organized but much more casual than you'd think. 
I always thought the biggest misnomer in American justice system is "jury of your peers".  Really, then when someone like this or OJ is on trial why isn't the jury actually their peers...rich black athletes, or at least people who make a lot of money.  I would never assume to be a peer of someone worth millions of dollars but maybe that's just the way I look at things.  What makes the corporate executive or the inner city guy not working my peer when I'm a middle class guy who grew up a middle class household in Minnesota?

Agree ^^^^

If you show a modicum of intelligence, one of the attorneys will dismiss you.  They want sheep.
Someone simple minded enough that they can sway.   

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Agree ^^^^

If you show a modicum of intelligence, one of the attorneys will dismiss you.  They want sheep.
So maybe me never getting picked means I'm smart?
Thanks I feel better. Must be that Imodium stuff you're talking about.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@Vanguard83 said:
Agree ^^^^

So maybe me never getting picked means I'm smart?
Thanks I feel better. Must be that Imodium stuff you're talking about.
Yup pretty much.  

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Agree ^^^^

This isn't true, it depends on the case and how much the attorneys need to stack a jury. The vast majority of cases are settled before ever going to trial so it depends a bunch on how many cases actually get tried daily. You'd be surprised how many smart people are very curious about jury duty and want to serve. Its just you can never underestimate how dumb the general populace is overall and how some will hide their biases to get on a jury.

I think you're better point would be if you want to get out of jury duty, its very easy to do so. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Vanguard83 said:
Agree ^^^^

This isn't true, it depends on the case and how much the attorneys need to stack a jury. The vast majority of cases are settled before ever going to trial so it depends a bunch on how many cases actually get tried daily. You'd be surprised how many smart people are very curious about jury duty and want to serve. Its just you can never underestimate how dumb the general populace is overall and how some will hide their biases to get on a jury.

I think you're better point would be if you want to get out of jury duty, its very easy to do so. 
So let me get this straight.....
There are SMART people out there who actually WANT to serve on jury duty!?!

crazy.

That article reinforces what a POS he is and why women don't want to report. The women are put on trial and it's a traumatic revictimization. People on Twitter were trying to use the CTE angle but the article explains why that isn't a viable defense. 

Dude never kept it his pants.

https://deadspin.com/report-kellen-winsl...1835493794

Really sick sex mind.