Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Verdict reached in Kellen Winslow Jr. Trial

How the (bleep) does a "rape by force" conviction carry a maximum sentence of 8 years? 

Well he gets only 8 1/2 years. Hope they convict on the pending rape of the 17 year old. Throw him away. I never liked this guy. Always acted like he came from the hood. He came from a good family I thought. I had alot of respect for his dad.  Funny how Jr's image changed into a nerdy looking good boy in court. He never looked like that before.

There are 8 other counts the jury is deadlocked on. That will have to get resolved.

If you've read about this guy, he's straight up perverted and violent. Some of the stuff he's done, he really shouldn't be let out in society again because you know he'll re-offend. 

Quote: @RS Express said:
How the (bleep) does a "rape by force" conviction carry a maximum sentence of 8 years? 
That's part of the reason so many go unreported. And of course if it gets reduced for good behavior, it is less. A DOJ study found that the average sentence was 9.8 years, while the actual time served was 5.4 years.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
There are 8 other counts the jury is deadlocked on. That will have to get resolved.

If you've read about this guy, he's straight up perverted and violent. Some of the stuff he's done, he really shouldn't be let out in society again because you know he'll re-offend. 
Deadlocked. I keep forgetting that's different then acquitted. Big difference actually. I hope they do try again and better. I didn't follow this case closely at all. Too disturbing. The little I did know anyhow. You're right this dude is sick. Retired ladys, teen girls if it moved he raped it. I don't think anymore women should EVER be put at risk. Straight up serial rapist.
I still don't get how a jury can believe he would rape and did expose himself to others but just don't know if he took it any further in those other cases??? 

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:

I still don't get how a jury can believe he would rape and did expose himself to others but just don't know if he took it any further in those other cases??? 

So if you've never been involved in jury duty, its easy to not understand it because only after I was chosen as a jury foreman did I get it. The charges each have specific parameters around what you consider as a juror for guilt, innocence and reasonable doubt. So you are locked into those parameters and that's the prism you use.  Juries also usually have a difficult time with the definition of reasonable doubt. And I'll say this: a group of your 'peers' is usually a disappointedly dumb crew. The whole process is organized but much more casual than you'd think. 

@suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:

So if you've never been involved in jury duty, its easy to not understand it because only after I was chosen as a jury foreman did I get it. The charges each have specific parameters around what you consider as a juror for guilt, innocence and reasonable doubt. So you are locked into those parameters and that's the prism you use.  Juries also usually have a difficult time with the definition of reasonable doubt. And I'll say this: a group of your 'peers' is usually a disappointedly dumb crew. The whole process is organized but much more casual than you'd think. 
They never pick me. They pick my wife. The closest I ever got was actually having to go. Sit...wait...ok go home. 2 other times I was dismissed when I called in 24 hrs before like they requested. I'm being black balled. I wanna put some scumbags away. You think that's my problem?

@suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:

And it only takes one juror to screw up the whole thing.  I was selected for a DUI case.  Long story short, the the arresting officer was responding to a fight at a bar, she noticed a car roll back out of its parking space at the end of the parking lot about 250’.  The person in the car cut his hand in the fight and was in the passenger seat with his buddies girlfriend in the backs seat.  She had the keys.  They were waiting for his buddy/ her boyfriend to take him to the hospital, he was still talking to the police.  The guy in the car pushed in the clutch causing the car to roll out of the parking spot as a hint to his buddy to hurry the hell up.  The guy in the car was charged with actual physical control ever though he didnt have the keys.  We were deadlocked for 2 days with all but one of us voting to acquit  him because one lady who was strongly against alcohol.  How she got on the jury is beyond me.

Yup, a perverted POS is what he is...

I feel for his victims and his parents too. I was a huge fan of his old man when he was playing.