Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kline $7.25mm in guaranteed $$
I like Cody Ford. I think he's nasty and can move people around. Let's bring back the 'tude to the line.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I like Cody Ford. I think he's nasty and can move people around. Let's bring back the 'tude to the line.
Could certainly use some with that bears front 7 they have assembled.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@VikingOracle said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pumpf said:
So... what does our OL look like (as of right now)? 
Reiff - Isadora - Elf - Kline - O'Neill
Depth: OG (none); OT (Collins, Hill, Bisnowaty, Norton); C (Edison)

Here's a thought: rather than ruining Reiff's career, how about they take one of their back-up OTs and try to make THEM into a Guard?  Just a thought.

Sooo... we obviously need to draft a start-now OG (since the team geniuses don't think that Isadora is capable of starting).  And then we'll need some depth.  But, honestly, if we draft a starting OG, we have our starters in place.  We'd have 1 OG for depth there... and 2 (possibly) start-able OTs (Collins and Hill).  We might need to get a OG who can also play Center (or a Center who can play OG) for depth there.
Pretty sure Collins is the starting left guard if the season started tomorrow. 
MB is correct.  https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sports/football/4485627-aviante-collins-has-what-vikings-need-play-left-guard-athleticism-and-nasty

While I like the concept, there is always the thought, he couldn't beat out Tom Compton, lurking in the back of my mind. I'm with Jimmy. I would also like to see a guard taken in the first three rounds. Though I wouldn't be opposed to taking a replacement for Reiff taken in the first round, if the right guy is available.

But Collins was injured and missed the entire season, so it's not as if he stayed behind Compton all year (like Isadora).
Of course - that means this team is - once again - assuming that a player coming off an injury will be ready to start, in a position switch, no less.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@VikingOracle said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pumpf said:

Here's a thought: rather than ruining Reiff's career, how about they take one of their back-up OTs and try to make THEM into a Guard?  Just a thought.

Sooo... we obviously need to draft a start-now OG (since the team geniuses don't think that Isadora is capable of starting).  And then we'll need some depth.  But, honestly, if we draft a starting OG, we have our starters in place.  We'd have 1 OG for depth there... and 2 (possibly) start-able OTs (Collins and Hill).  We might need to get a OG who can also play Center (or a Center who can play OG) for depth there.
MB is correct.  https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sports...-and-nasty

While I like the concept, there is always the thought, he couldn't beat out Tom Compton, lurking in the back of my mind. I'm with Jimmy. I would also like to see a guard taken in the first three rounds. Though I wouldn't be opposed to taking a replacement for Reiff taken in the first round, if the right guy is available.
Who made the call to keep Compton starting?

Zimmer? Doubtful. Rick? Even less likely.

It was either Sporano or the guys who replaced him.

I trust Dennison and Kubiak to make better recommendations to Kevin, Mike and Zimmer than two greenhorns that probably were just following the road map Tony laid out before passing.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@jargomcfargo said:
@VikingOracle said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pumpf said:

MB is correct.  https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sports/football/4485627-aviante-collins-has-what-vikings-need-play-left-guard-athleticism-and-nasty

Who made the call to keep Compton starting?

Zimmer? Doubtful. Rick? Even less likely.

It was either Sporano or the guys who replaced him.

I trust Dennison and Kubiak to make better recommendations to Kevin, Mike and Zimmer than two greenhorns that probably were just following the road map Tony laid out before passing.
Wasn't it assumed that Easton would still be back at LG when Sparano died?  and IIrC Collins was actually looking like he was going to slide into that spot prior to his own injury.  

Compton was likely to be a 3rd choice at OG or possibly cut once Elf came back If the others had stayed healthy.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I like Collins to take the job,  but I am not counting on it...i still want the team to draft interior OL help.  If that's a college tackle that projects to OG or a C that can play OG that might be enough,  but we need a lot of help bn there so  I hope Rick doesnt pencil in a guy coming off a year on IR as his starter and then consider the issue resolved.
Why would he do that? Lotta really weird stuff in this thread. I don't hear anyone saying Collins will be counted on to be our starting LG. Just that if the season started tomorrow, he would probably be the guy over Isadora. I think everyone and his brother knows the Vikings are going to draft a starter on the OL.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I like Collins to take the job,  but I am not counting on it...i still want the team to draft interior OL help.  If that's a college tackle that projects to OG or a C that can play OG that might be enough,  but we need a lot of help bn there so  I hope Rick doesnt pencil in a guy coming off a year on IR as his starter and then consider the issue resolved.
Why would he do that? Lotta really weird stuff in this thread. I don't hear anyone saying Collins will be counted on to be our starting LG. Just that if the season started tomorrow, he would probably be the guy over Isadora. I think everyone and his brother knows the Vikings are going to draft a starter on the OL.  
Just like they did last year.  I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Collins in the lineup week 1 and people still pisisng and moaning about the DT or TE we took instead of interior OL help.