Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packers and Bears to open the season...
Quote: @AGRforever said:
So the Bears made it to the playoffs and the Packers didn't.  Anyone want to bet they open and Lambblow?
From the OP

Bears.
Packers.
Thursday 9/5.
SOLDIER FIELD

I take it as it's at Soldier Field

Personally, I think the Bears are primed for a step back this season...  I guess I'm not a big believer in Trubisky.  He reminds me too much of Blake Bortles.
Then you add in the fact that the Bears lost two key pieces in their secondary (Callahan - NCB and Amos - S), lost their stud DC Fangio to the Broncos, and they don't have a 1st AND 2nd round pick in the draft...  I just think they are primed to drop back a bit and might not even be a playoff team.

Isn't the first game of the season traditionally a Conf Championship game rematch? Or a rivalry between GOOD teams?

The Bears lost their home playoff game and the Packers sucked last year. At least Chicago was decent but GB, really? Hey let's give them a de-facto second Bye Week because reasons! Confused

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Personally, I think the Bears are primed for a step back this season...  I guess I'm not a big believer in Trubisky.  He reminds me too much of Blake Bortles.
Then you add in the fact that the Bears lost two key pieces in their secondary (Callahan - NCB and Amos - S), lost their stud DC Fangio to the Broncos, and they don't have a 1st AND 2nd round pick in the draft...  I just think they are primed to drop back a bit and might not even be a playoff team.
I feel the same way. Unfortunately they so thoroughly dominated the Viking's offensive and defensive lines, I don't see the Vikings as the team to knock them off.
This is the time of year to be optomistic. This year I am not. Hopeful yes. Optomistic no.